clean the roof and awning ?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
On the awning, I use Simple Green.

On the roof I use any brand of kitchen cleanser. Dollar Store variety works as well as any. BUT. I have not been able to remove the small black spots I have on our slide out roofs. I don't have slide toppers. I imagine they (slide toppers) might have prevented that from happening but don't know that for sure.

Bobby A

What home made recipe for cleaning the black off the roof and awnings
thanks
Ron

I have been useing dawn dish washing soap with a cup or so of bleach on both, been working for me for over 15 years and 3 coaches. Try to do it on an overcast day so the soap doesn't dry so it gives you a chance to scrub and let the bleach kill the mold spores. Also I learned a little trick for the awning, pour your bucket of dawn/bleach solution on the awning from the roof, roll the awning in for about 5 minutes or so, (by rolling the awning in it gets the soap to the under side of the awning). then extend the awning and scrub and rinse VERY well, on both the awning and the roof. Just my method, take it for what its worth.

Bob

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I have used Clorox with bleach for the awning for a number of years with great results. spray on, roll up, let sit, lightly scrub and rinse. My 17 year old SOB i replaced had the original awning and it looked like new when i sold it earlier this year.

Rmcgrath53

Thanks for thge info. I bought a product from General RV that is suppose to clean and seal. It worked but still left dark frekkles in the rubber. I tryed using an outdoor bleach from home depot along with Spic and span and a dash of Dawn and that worked pretty good on the awning and sides.