Firestone and Air Lift products compatible?

Razorback

I currently have the Firestone 5000 Airbags on my F250, but they are manually filled.I am wanting to know if I have to install the Firestone compressor or will the Air Lift compressor system work also? Anyone mixed the systems?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I just put the Firestone Airbags on my F350 and then installed an Air Lift wireless compressor. They both work just fine. Even on the box of the Air Lift compressor it says it is compatable with Firestone, Air Lift, Helwig and a couple of other air bag types. Hope this helps.

lwmcguir

One of my trucks has the Air Lift system, however the air bags are Firestone. There is no difference that I can see in the systems.

gpshemi

Oh I take every opportunity to tell my experience with the Airlift wireless system. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE mine. Airlift admits there is a design flaw in the programming of the wireless valve module, yet they have yet to correct it. My system drops pressure going around a corner due to the uneven weight, then when you straighten up it detects the loss and adds air again. Result: the compressor runs all the time when driving around town.

I've posted on RV.net with others that are experiencing the same thing. I actually turned airlift on to the issue. They supposedly have engineers working on a revision, but I'm told they'll likely do nothing for us with the faulty designs.

Driving in a straight line is fine though for hours on end. Do yourself a favor and get a firestone in cab controller instead. I miss my old one.

Oh...and I have Firestone bags.

Northern Virginia
Oh I take every opportunity to tell my experience with the Airlift wireless system. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE mine. Airlift admits there is a design flaw in the programming of the wireless valve module, yet they have yet to correct it. My system drops pressure going around a corner due to the uneven weight, then when you straighten up it detects the loss and adds air again. Result: the compressor runs all the time when driving around town.

I've posted on RV.net with others that are experiencing the same thing. I actually turned airlift on to the issue. They supposedly have engineers working on a revision, but I'm told they'll likely do nothing for us with the faulty designs.

Driving in a straight line is fine though for hours on end. Do yourself a favor and get a firestone in cab controller instead. I miss my old one.

Oh...and I have Firestone bags.
Are your bags tee'd together or on separate lines?

John

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the Air Lift wireless system and have not noticed any issues as mentioned. I wonder if the programming has been corrected as my is relatively new.