Need Corner Blocks & D-Seal

GARTH

Scott:
We love our 3055 which we purchased in June of this year. We have used it all summer and have had very few problems with it. Only those small problems you would expect to have with any RV. We were able to take care of those ourselves and we prefer to do those ourselves anyway. Unfortunately we have discovered that our coach is one of the ones that didn't get the corner blocks and d-seal on the entertainment slide. We can see light coming through when the slide is closed. We are getting ready to take the coach on our winter trip and know that we will be driving in rain at some point. We don't want it getting in the coach. We have contacted the factory 3 times in the last month and have been told each time that the parts will be sent to us so that we can install them ourselves. (We don't have a dealer close to us and would prefer doing it myself anyway.) We still haven't received them. When I spoke with them on Monday (11-06) they were going to call me back and I haven't heard from them. That is why I am sending this to you. The time is getting nearer to when we will be leaving and rather than coming up with my own fix it makes more sense to install the factory d-seal. Please get back to me regarding this.
Thanks, Garth

tcbrady

Garth,
I just sent this info over to our parts department and I am waiting for a reply.
thanks,

D

David

Garth
This shipped out yesterday, ups tracing # 1Z1E1Y170342018443 and is due for delivery on the 13th.
David

GARTH

Coley:
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I appreciate you checking into this for me and letting me know I wasn't forgotten.
Garth

vangoes

D-Seal

My coach #5196 does not have the d-seal either although it does have the corner blocks. I have not pulled it in the rain yet but I am very apprehensive about doing so. The dealer pointed out a bead of caulking on the slide floor underside and stated that that is the fix for the rain spray leakage. Scott/Coley can you provide feedback on this topic. Should I have the seal installed as an added precaution?

tcbrady

I would probably have the seal installed as added protection although I'm not certain you will need it. Please call either your dealer or our service department (574-262-8030) for further assistance.

thanks,

vangoes

Coley,
Thank you very much for your quick response. I will contact my dealer accordingly to have the d-seal installed. This is the kind of manufacturers response that every consumer hopes to experience. Thanks again.

osims

bsims
Coley, I could use some help. My BH 3055 is also getting wet carpet while driving in the rain. My dealer ( southwest rv Katy Texas) has contacted Heartland to get part numbers for the corner blocks and seals. He says the parts dept. does not know what he is asking for. Can you please give me numbers so i can relay them to Steve Brummett or please contact him at 281 6932800.I don't know if there is a comunication problem, I just want to get the parts so i can hit the hiway again in my beautiful coach.Thanks Bill Sims

L'l John

More about D-seals & corner blocks ?

Scott:
I have a Bighorn 3400 which I took delivery in June this year. It did not have the seals installed at the factory to prevent splash and spray from entering thru the slides.
I found out about the fix and informed my dealer about them. They ordered and installed the D-seals on both slides that were affected. However, they did not install the Corner Blocks, saying they could not see how or where they should be installed :confused: :confused: . I guess it was too much trouble for them to call the service department for instructions. Also, on the door side slide, the D-seal does not even touch anything when the slide is in, so it could not prevent water from entering. :( Oh by the way, I can see light through the corner of the slide when it is closed.
Since my unit has been at the Dealer's lot for more than 7 weeks since I took delivery, having other minor & major warranty stuff done, I would like to have the supplies sent to me so I can install them myself, instead of making another trip to the dealer and having to leave the RV for more time, and then making the trip back to pick it again.
We have a winter trip planned soon that takes us to the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, where there is no Heartland dealer for hundreds of miles. I do expect to be driving at least part of the time in the rain, and do hope I can avoid ruining my carpet and pad in the living room.
I have called the Service dept. # that you posted and left a message but have not heard back from anyone. If I could talk to someone and get my phone # and address to where the repair parts can be sent so I can install them, it would make me very happy. :) :)
We do love our Bighorn and have enjoyed using it the few days that we already have. :D None
Thanks,
John

Scott

L'l John,
The number is 574.262.8030, and ask for a the service representative from your territory (West/Central/East). He should be able to get back with you in a two days max.
ST

tdharley

After speaking with Jim who is my regional rep. yesterday, he is sending me out the needed "d" seal and corner blocks. He was very helpful, courteous and really seemed to care.

He also mentioned that I should get a tube of black silicone and run a bead around the bottom of the slide out. I thought that I would look at it this weekend and figure out were he was speaking of. He indicated that it should be done in the area that lets the slider sit level to the floor when extended.

Anybody done this before? Does anyone have pictures of the area he is talking about? Maybe Scott could post a picture of the area to be siliconed?

svd

Well, sounds like you were lucky. When I called the rep for Michigan, he wasn't nearly so helpful. He told me that they were NOT sending out any seals or blocks unless there was water in the unit. I explained that I could see light out of the corners of the living room and entertainment slides when closed. When I referenced this site and message string, he said he would check with his supervisor and call me back.

When he called back, he again said they would not send the parts. He said if I did have a water problem to take it to my dealer, and that I had misunderstood this message string. Like I said, not a very helpful guy. I did contact my dealer, who sent me the corner blocks, but looking at them I don't yet understand how to install them. I also did not get a d-seal so I will try to find something that will work and buy it. Maybe J.C. Whitney.

Anyway, I would like to see pics of them installed.

vangoes

My unit (3055) has the corner blocks but does not have the d-seal and that concerns me. Although, it does have the bead of black silicone I believe that the pressure of the wheel spray hitting in that area will loosen the silicone bead over time and that the d-seal will still be needed to deflect the wheel spray from the vulnerable area. Brady from Heartland sales agreed with me that having the d-seal installed is probably a good idea. Unfortunately my dealer has not responded yet to two e-mail request to order the seal.