Water on Floor ???

Ryanjb01

Just picked up our new 3300CK about 2 weeks ago. While we were camping in the rain, I noticed a small trail of water leading to a sizeable puddle of water near the bottom of the fridge. I opened the door and did not see/feel any wet areas inside the fridge.

After exploring a little more I decided I would go outside and look at the access panel for the fridge. That is where I found the problem.

Rain was coming in through the vents in the panel, collecting on the floor and running under the cabinet and forming a puddle in the middle of the floor in the kitchen.

I am wondering if I am missing a piece of baffeling or something to stop the water from doing this?

Has this hapened to anyone else?

I would like to figure this out before any water damage results.

Thanks for the ideas/thoughts.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how water can come in through the vents, unless the vent panel was installed upside down. The vent holes should be facing down.
Also check the caulking around the vent frame. Be sure to check that the drain tube is sticking out of the vent panel.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have to echo Cookie's answer completely. Check around the vent frame top and down the sides, and make sure the drain hose is to the outside and not cracked or broken.

Enjoy the forum and I'm sure you will get some more ideas.

Jim M

branson4020

Icantre Member
Here is a previous thread on this subject. A number of us have had problems with water leaking into the wall around that refer vent frame. The solution is to remove the frame and apply caulk behind it.

Ryanjb01

Went out to take a look at it. The vent frame is completely sealed with caulk. Looks good. However, i did notice that the floor in that area is at the same level the floor is in the kitchen area inside. Nothing keeping water from entering except the vent door.

It did rain hard for about 20-30 minutes and it was windy also. maybe it was just a fluke and just the right situation to cause a problem. It just looks like something is missing to protect the floor behind the refer. Like a baffle or something. Any thoughts.ideas?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ryan, if it was very windy, maybe water could have blown in but I can't imagine enough to get into the trailer floor. Make sure that black (or it may be white) corrugated drain tubing is protruding out the vent. This is where frost drippings melt off of the fins and flow out of your reefer compartment.

If you have an ice maker, look VERY close around the supply line for a very tiny spray of a pin hole leak. These have occurred several times with units having ice makers.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Ryan,

Just to clarify, I am not talking about the little bead of caulk you see around the outside edge of the frame. That is really just cosmetic. You cannot find the problem without removing the frame, which is screwed to the sides of the opening. Do a search of the forum for several threads on this topic.

I had the same problem and after checking everything, I found that the icemaker water line had a pin hole in it and after fixing that all is well.