We got sucked in...

Tomorrow my DH and I will do our PDI on our new NC32BHDD. I kept talking it up and wore down his resistance. :angel:
This is our first TT. DH had a small camper in his younger years and i've only done temp camping. We'll be putting it down at a seasonal site for a couple of years and enjoy some time with the grandkids.
I did all the research and took him around looking at different brands and we feel the Heartland brand will do us well over the years. Now he's as excited as a kid staring at a christmas tree full of presents.

jimtoo

Hi TheDogHouse, Sherri,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am glad you wore his resistance down. You and he will not regret it and will make some wonderful memories with your new North Country.

When you go for the PDI tomorrow, take your time, take notes, check everything. Make sure they have it hooked to water and power so that you may try every appliance and water faucet. Also make sure they show you the operation of the TV and sound system. If something is not working get if fixed before you leave if possible. This is a very important part of buying a unit.

We hope you have a great delivery and please let us know how things go for you.

Jim M

jacarlo45

Good Luck with your North Country! I have the same model and it is so roomy and versatile. We keep it at a campground and everyone who visits is so impressed with the layout, the ceiling height, the bathroom door, etc. etc. Have a great time!

Thanks for the welcome. We had no problems with the PDI. Everything worked, all seals were sealed and we were happy campers. Sorry for the pun. :angel: We hauled our TT to the campground and got set up and comfy.
What a great weekend we had! DH almost let me go home alone Sunday because he was really enjoying his 'staycation' home and wanted to stay another day!
The only problem I had was with the remote for the a/c. It might be me or it might be the remote, but I had to keep taking the batteries out and resetting it to change the temp. I'm going to research that and see if i'm doing something wrong or if it has a bug. Jacarlo, you are right, it is very roomy. Our dog has plenty of room to roam around when he's inside, and at 85lbs that's no small feat.
This weekend comes early for my DH. He'll be heading out Thursday with my grown son to enjoy the TT. I'll get to join them after work Friday. Hmm, am I sensing a pattern here? LOL

jimtoo

That is great for a first trip... glad everything was good. And if Father and Son can spend a few hours, or a day together...that will be time well spent for both of them.

Enjoy your new toy.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congarts on your new rv. We just bought our first rv and are looking foward to many good times as I'm sure you are. Enjoy, Dave