Garage sliding screen door rollers

Manke3010

Hey all,

Have any of you had problems or replaced the plastic wheel rollers on the screen door for your Cyclone? I've replace one already, and another has broken. My guides are always clean, no sticking, and we don't even use the screen door a ton, but I'm fed up with these stock piece of crap rollers.
All 4 of the doors rollers at least have a cracked portion of the wheel...

Is there any type of metal wheel replacement or other brand that may fit that anyone knows of?

Thanks!

Yianni

We use ours a lot and have had no problems. Maybe you could try a glass/screen shop. I always thought it would be cool to replace the screen with the kind you can't see in but you can see out. We always set up the Cyclone so we can drop the back door to see the view etc.

porthole

Retired
Don't know about the roller issue - but for those with the glass patio door and screen, how hard is it to open /close the screen?

We have to use two hands and I added a handle at the top of the screen to assist in moving it. Still very tight though.

Yianni

Don't know about the roller issue - but for those with the glass patio door and screen, how hard is it to open /close the screen?

We have to use two hands and I added a handle at the top of the screen to assist in moving it. Still very tight though.

Duane,
Something is off with your screen. Mine slides with 1 finger and will even slide closed while towing.

Manke3010

Yeah, that's the same glass door and screen I'm talking about Duane. My glass sliding door (going into the garage) slides nicely.
The screen door (with the crap plastic rollers) slides nicely now, but the initial install of the framing was sloppy. There was a lot of excess silicone in the railways of the frame where the sliding door moved on the guides. The silicone caused the door to stick/catch in a few spots. Cleaned it up and it moves nicely now.

I had a screen door at home that needed a new screen last week, so I decided to take in my Cyclone screen door as well to see if they had better (metal) rollers for it. For $30, they are putting a new screen on the house door, and putting on new metal wheels (they had to order them). He said he'd just have to drill an add'l access hole for the new rollers. Parts at Lowe's for the house door were $20, so I couldn't resist paying $10 to let them do it :)

From looking at my house screen door and the Cyclone screen door, I'm pretty confident there isn't an adjustment screw for the Cyclone wheels to adjust up or down for tension, like there is on my house screen door. So like Yianni said, you're probably off track and/or check for the silicone catching it as well....