Dishwasher for Bighorn?

cantrallm

dishwasher for big horn

Is it possible to get the dishwasher in the landmark installed in a bighorn trailer thanks for your response in advance

Princess Kathleen

According to the website...the Landmark does not list the dishwasher option. We have a 2006 Grand Canyon and was able to have this option...which I love..

PK

jbeletti

PK can confirm this for us but I think the DW is installed under the stove top. If that's the case, my guess is that an RV dealer or service center can order one and install it there for you. If you already have an oven there, it would have to go. If you have a slide-in cooktop/oven combo, it would have to be replaced with a cooktop only unit.

In my rig, I have and use the oven. But I'd love to put in a DW for my DW! But she'd prefer to do the dishes by hand. If she ever relented, I'd rework the island cabinet and install it there so I wouldn't have to give up the oven.

Here's a link to the website of the manufacturer (Fisher & Paykel) of the DW that used to be offered. Not sure exactly what model was used (PK?) but you can get a sense of what's available and the specs/sizes etc.

Jim

PS: Just looked again at these units and they are really neat. Here's a link to the installation manual. Single Wash Drawer units require a rough opening of 23-5/8" wide X 16-7/32" high X 22-7/8" deep. Looks like they require a cabinet sidewall thickness of at least 5/8". This means that 1/2" or thicker plywood would have to be applied to the current thin board that is used inside the trailer cabinets.

Last edited:

ct0218

We ordered the dishwasher option, which had been deleted and reinstated, and love it. Lost the oven but we have the convection microwave and it does a good job. The F-P drawer dishwasher does an excellent job, very very quiet. With limited counter space (even with the island) the dishwasher makes a good place to stick the dirty dishes w/o having to immediately wash them after a meal. A load is probably 3-5 meals.

Princess Kathleen

We have the Single DS603 Model Prefinished....I love the eco cycle on it...only 38 minutes and the dishes are done....I could not wash them that fast....and clean....

PK

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
You folks are worried about a dishwasher. My wife wishes that we could delete the entire kitchen, except for the refrigerator and the microwave. I'm with her, but I realize we are in the minority.

sharmulst

Unless you are traveling with 4 or 5 people I can't imagine that the dishwasher installation would be worth the trouble. As far as the time goes I can wash a days worth of dishes and clean the entire trailer in 38 minutes. I realize I am probably in the minority also, but keeping it simple is the best. None