Big slide not working

Netem

The last time I ran in the liv kit slide it ran in as usual until it got to the closed position where it usually goes click click click it made a sqealing noise instead. I ran the slide out yesterday and out as usual till fully out and the sqealing noise again. Now the slide won't come in just the sqealing noise. Anyone else had this problem? I sent an e mail to Dave at Sundance but no responce yet. :(

Netem

Gus , I cranked it in by hand with no problem. I'm wondering if there is some kind of clutch on the motor slipping.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus , I cranked it in by hand with no problem. I'm wondering if there is some kind of clutch on the motor slipping.

If it cranks in manually OK then the gears are certainly all OK. Has to be in the motor assembly somewhere.

Netem

Well here is the latest on the slide. There is a clutch in the gear box that has went bad and you have to buy the motor and gearbox together. I called Heartland yesterday and cost with club discount over $ 500.00 for this little Made in China motor. I took the motor and clutch apart and it is a very simple and cheap design can't see $500.00.slide motor.jpg

Jburks

You might try Colaw RV Salvage in Carthage, MO. they have all kinds of parts, i would think they could match your motor assembly. I have purchased parts there-new and used. Their parts people are pretty good.

http://colawrvsalvage.com/