Lippert components

1231ChaseB

I would sure like to write an E-Mail to someone in Lippert's upper management ! Would anyone possibly have an E-Mail address i could use ? There is a Lippert E-Mail address but an ordinary letter would never make it to anyone of importance !
ChaseB

wdk450

Chase:
I cut this out of a posting by LarryHeadhunter. No e-mail addrsss, but a name to ask for.
"No promises, but if I were an unhappy owner of a Lippert component that has failed, I would first contact HL customer warranty service, then if out of warranty call Lippert, whose phone number is in the portal section of the forum. If I still wasn't satisfied after speaking to one of their reps, then talk or leave a voice mail for Andrew VonShoink"

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Chase, Andrew is the VP of Warranty at Lippert and very pleasant to speak with. Do an advance search, as I posted his direct phone line on this forum and call him on Monday. He answers his own phone, so good luck.

Howdy

Its amazing Lippert is still in business with everyone complaining about them year after year. I wonder if Ron Nash still has plans to start making axles and frames to supply to RV manufactures.

RollingHome

Chase, Lippert is owned by a really "BIG" company, they do not care about you or me ! HL and others must use them, you, me and HL are all victums of their desires... Final answer, we/you loose... next

boatdoc

Chase, Lippert is owned by a really "BIG" company, they do not care about you or me ! HL and others must use them, you, me and HL are all victums of their desires... Final answer, we/you loose... next

Couldn't have said it better!!!! Every chance I get, I let people know what I think of Lippert.

noobee

Chase, Lippert is owned by a really "BIG" company, they do not care about you or me ! HL and others must use them, you, me and HL are all victims of their desires... Final answer, we/you lose... next

and HL are all victims of their desires

I don't buy this part of your statement. Heartland is big enough (builds enough units) to either demand that Lippert clean up their act or use different manufacturers for the components that Lippert currently supplies.

CS

Tankie

Carriage builds their own frames and Nu-wa uses young frames. I have looked at new HL's with lippert frames and the springs are flat on the lot. HH right next to them and the springs look like they should nice arc. HL has other opitions, I like my BH but not happy with lippert and will not buy another because of lippert. A sad thing!

RollingHome

HL is using other component suppliers besides Lippert when they can ... BUT, there are NO OTHER component suppliers as big as Lippert to meet the demands of BIG RV makers like HL, if you know of some other suppliers who are bigger then Lippert then let the RV makers (i.e. HL) know, I am sure they would use them. It's not as simple as you make it sound, trust me on this. Lippert makes everything from steps, suspension, chassis, king pins, even ladders. HL is forced to use Lippert products because the competition is keen. Until the Japanese or Pacific Rim OEM's get into the ring ALL of us are stuck with the junk and sub components that are now produced. Are you really so simple minded that you think HL wants the grief and bad publicity that comes with sub-component failure from inferior construction and the associated bad publicity ?... comon, get real guys ! HL is a victum JUST LIKE US ! Until a sub-supplier comes along who makes GOOD subcomponents at a competitive price we are stuck with inferior junk, sorry, that's just the way it is. Whine all ya want but it won't change anything :) Now go take on the day !

noobee

"Are you really so simple minded...."

"HL is a victum JUST LIKE US ! Until a sub-supplier comes along who makes GOOD subcomponents at a competitive price we are stuck with inferior junk......"

"Whine all ya want but...."

I take exception with your referring to myself & others as simple minded... there is no need to dis other people that are having an intelligent conversation & are expressing a different point of view that yours. Also, your use of the term whining is not called for.

As expressed in other posts, some manufacturers are using other frame manufacturer's products & others are in fact building their own. Additionally there are people like Dexter, Uni-Fab, etc that build other components that are currently provided by Lippert & are having a high failure rate. If Heartland had the will to make these changes they have the size to do so. Sure these might cost a little more than the Lippert crap but is HL so concerned about nickle-and-diming that they don't care about how bad of a reputation they are getting for poor quality products.

CS

lwmcguir

Lot of truth in Toms post. We can all go spend another 75K or so and move on up so to speak. Apparently we chose not to and found what we felt comfortable spending money on. The quality issue sure isn't just for HL. I had a new JD skid steer sitting in the shop with 5 hours on it. Came out to use it and found a big puddle of oil under it. The timing gear on the JD turbo diesel engine had corroded away around the seal and they had to pull the engine and upgrade it. Bad component and you can be sure the JD isn't a cheap skid steer either. So it is all around us and most likely will be for a long time.

RollingHome

lwmcguire, It's not just JD, I purchased a GR2100 Kubota, to mow and blow snow... It cost about what your skid loader cost. Man, what a total POS. I had less then 200 hours on it and traded it in. I could fill a page on what happened. Kubota is supposed to be the top of the line... The GR2100 was the pits. I don't know if sub-components and second line suppliers were the problem. But, in my opinion they are a major source of problems in RV's. I hope a sub-supplier comes along who can make a good product that ends these type problems in RV's. ta

lwmcguir

Tom,

We have 30 year old JD that have never seen a shop except for valve adjustments and so on. I sure want expecting a new unit to lay down an neither were you. And as you pointed out they Arent cheap and should be the top of the line. QA and sub standard components are all around us, no doubt about it. Tighter QA and accountability is the only way to get back in the game for sure.

Larry

noobee

Lot of truth in Toms post. We can all go spend another 75K or so and move on up so to speak. Apparently we chose not to and found what we felt comfortable spending money on. The quality issue sure isn't just for HL. I had a new JD skid steer sitting in the shop with 5 hours on it. Came out to use it and found a big puddle of oil under it. The timing gear on the JD turbo diesel engine had corroded away around the seal and they had to pull the engine and upgrade it. Bad component and you can be sure the JD isn't a cheap skid steer either. So it is all around us and most likely will be for a long time.

and what does a problem with a "JD skid steer" have to do with a discussion on HL using inferior components??????

noobee

lwmcguire, It's not just JD, I purchased a GR2100 Kubota, to mow and blow snow... It cost about what your skid loader cost. Man, what a total POS. I had less then 200 hours on it and traded it in. I could fill a page on what happened. Kubota is supposed to be the top of the line... The GR2100 was the pits. I don't know if sub-components and second line suppliers were the problem. But, in my opinion they are a major source of problems in RV's. I hope a sub-supplier comes along who can make a good product that ends these type problems in RV's. ta

and what does a problem with a "Kubota" have to do with a discussion on HL using inferior components??????

RollingHome

QC seems to be lacking everywhere Larry. I really feel sorry for the workers today who are forced to build and assemble "things" with inferior junk. This goes from houses to Tractors from A to Z. The component parts are flimsy, under engineered verses over engineered. I'm very glad I'm not starting my carreer.

Doobie, I was not calling anyone simple minded. I asked a question, "are you that simple minded" as in simplicity not lunacy. Things are not as simple as you would like to think. One of my degrees is in Biz Mgmt. from Widener University. The world of biz is cut throat and it's getting worse. Hopefully the young leaders will recognize this and change the MO before the entire country (or world) falls victum and fails. I just heard Dick Armey (fmr rep. Texas) stating our country (USA) is headed for bankruptcy. It starts by people not buying (because of lack of confidence) and companies not selling, then the dominoes fall and we go belly up. Also, stop being so touchy, go eat a Happy Meal.

lwmcguir

QC seems to be lacking everywhere Larry. I really feel sorry for the workers today who are forced to build and assemble "things" with inferior junk. This goes from houses to Tractors from A to Z. The component parts are flimsy, under engineered verses over engineered. I'm very glad I'm not starting my carreer.

Doobie, I was not calling anyone simple minded. I asked a question, "are you that simple minded" as in simplicity not lunacy. Things are not as simple as you would like to think. One of my degrees is in Biz Mgmt. from Widener University. The world of biz is cut throat and it's getting worse. Hopefully the young leaders will recognize this and change the MO before the entire country (or world) falls victum and fails. I just heard Dick Armey (fmr rep. Texas) stating our country (USA) is headed for bankruptcy. It starts by people not buying (because of lack of confidence) and companies not selling, then the dominoes fall and we go belly up. Also, stop being so touchy, go eat a Happy Meal.

Right on, got to change things and very soon.