Sealant tape rolling up on silde roof

aelenz

On the bedroom slide of my 2900MK Sundance 5th wheel the sealant tape is beginning to roll or curl up. This tape looks like it seals the roof between the rubber roof and the metal roof edge. This may being caused by the rubber seal when retracting the slide. At this time, I see no damage to the roof or leaking. The other two slides have no problem at all.

My question is what needs to be done to correct this issue? Since the unit is 2 years old, is this covered under the roof warranty?

I spoke to the dealer today and they said they sold roofing tape and it was something that I could do or they could fix it. They would not say if it would be covered by warranty. Is this a simple job?
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Al,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I see you have been a member for a while, hopefully you have been looking around all this time and gaining some knowledge here on the forum.

I'm sure someone will jump in soon with an answer for you. I did move the thread to a better area also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

kdb1948

I have had problems with this on my bighorn. The tape was applied over sawdust and dirt. Two of my three slides leaked, this was with a 2 month old unit. The tape needs replaced ASAP.
I would also seal the seam with dicor before applying the tape. Good luck!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Rubber roof sealant tape curling up

I doubt it will be covered under the roof warranty. If you still have coach warranty, then maybe.
My old Bighorn did that and I never had to fix it. Never became a problem.
You could clean it and get some sealer and stick the tape down and apply some new tape.
See what your dealer recomends.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: Rubber roof sealant tape curling up

Get some Eternabond repair tape. Put it on and your problem will be solved.