Light fixture in Shenandoah

rcullom

Ray Cullom
There is a 12" round light over the dining table in our Shenendoah. It has a brass-colored outer ring with a milky-colored glass bowl insert. I cannot get to the bulb to change it. The ring and/or bowl do not turn, and I cannot pull the fixture away from the ceiling - I am afraid to use brute force. How do I get to the bulb?
I posted this in the Electrical thread two days ago. The only response was about a brass screw at the bottom of the milky bowl. Our fixture does not have a brass screw at the bottom. How do I get to the bulb?

Ray

Scott

Ray

If the light is one solid piece of glass, and is not broken up by a post coming out of the center of it, then the entire glass cover will rotate to counterclockwise to come off. Yes, it is very tight, but that's what keeps it from coming off during transit.
On the lights with the posts, there is a nut at the bottom of the post (FYI).
ST

rcullom

Ray Cullom
Scott
We have tried many times both separately and together to turn the bowl counterclockwise. It will not budge. The only option that we see is to break the bowl, replace the bulb and then replace the fixture sometime later.
Ray

Scott

Light

Ray,
I'm telling you, if there is not post in the middle, then it is a twist off glass lens. If you want to be quadruple sure - then email me a photo of the light - but I promise you that you will not need to break the glass, unless there is some major mistake in the production of the light.

ST

rcullom

Ray Cullom
Scott,
I finally managed to unscrew the cover. It was screwed on very tightly and brute force was the only way to remove it. I replaced the bulbs and all is OK. Thanks.
Ray