water leak in main slide

Hello All,
I just discovered a leak on the main slide of my 2009 3490RB. The carpet is wet in about a 12 inch circle out from the outer forward corner of the slide. I looked outside at the bottom of the slide and the plywood floor is all delaminated and the vinyl edging is all pulled away and allowing water to wick into the unit and soak the carpet. I cannot call my dealer until Tuesday as they are closed on Sunday and Monday, but I would like to know if in your past experiences, are they going to have to remove and replace the entire slide floor? Is there a way to prevent this in the future and not have any mold issues at the same time?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Lots of information available on this issue. Do a search or start here.

Best Wishes

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The slide floor may not have to be replaced. If it can be repaired. If you lift the carpet and put a fan on it it should help dry and prevent mold from growing. It sounds like it may have been leaking for some time to do that much damage. I always check my floors for water after every rain. Nip any leaks in the bud so to speak.
You may have a weak seal on the slide, or you may be getting water from traveling in the rain. You may have to do some caulking. You do inspect the caulking on a regular basis I hope.
Your dealer should be able to help you out.

Peace
Dave