Question About the Pipe from the Commode to the Black Tank

DRGalligher

Greetings - I'm new to this forum (second posting), having just purchased a 3055RL Bighorn. We are very impressed with everything and have tested all the systems by "driveway camping". One system we haven't tested though is the black water system. In our previous four RV's - travel trailers - the pipe from the commode (toilet) to the black tank was straight down. I see (with a flash light) that the pipe from the 5th wheel toilet to the tank is curved. Doesn't this cause problems with solid waste? Second question related to this - our other RV toilets you could fill the bowl by pulling up on the flush pedal. I can't do this with the Bighorn. I haven't pulled out the user's manual on this yet, but will. If we can't fill the bowl with water to aid in flushing solid waste, I may be purchasing those "happy bowl" papers to carry "everything" down. Your feedback is much appreciated.

fljlcw

unless they changed the commode design you should be able to lift the flush pedal as you said it may just be stiff havent had A problem with the pipe unless they use more paper and not enough water Fred

2010augusta

toilet fills with a lift of the pedal, but it can be hard sometimes, so a partial flush then a lift will get the job done.

the bend in the pipe has not caused any issues for us.

DRGalligher

Thank you Alan and Sandy. Will check that too. We have water in the unit, checking all the systems, so that will be easy to test. Love your signature picture!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our toiliet fills by lifting the pedal. The toilet in our daughter's Trail Runner fills by pushing the pedal down halfway. Guess what i am saying is you should read your manual to be sure. Don't force it and break the pedal.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Au contraire everyone. The new terlets fill by pushing the pedal down slightly. They work like Jims daughters Trail Runner.
You should not have a problem with solid waste if you use plenty of water.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And remember s... runs down hill, at least that is what I have always been told LOL

DRGalligher

Yes, found that out by reading the manual. The side of the toilet has a little graphic of this but guess I don't read sign language too well. Works great. Turned on the pump, slightly depressed the pedal, bowl filled nicely, then held the pedal to the metal, er floor and it flushed great! Thanks for the feedback.

ChopperBill

Yep, new toilet fills by slightly depressing pedal. My old toilet was the opposite and was always getting stuck and you had to flush it before you could fill it. Kind of upsetting when you are trying to conserve water.

porthole

Retired
:confused: Just a thought :confused:

That pipe with a curve thrown in will help keep your butt dry on the long drop to the the tank :cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
:confused: Just a thought :confused:

That pipe with a curve thrown in will help keep your butt dry on the long drop to the the tank :cool:

If you've ever been bitten on the keister by a sewer trout while sitting on the throne, Duane, you're doing something wrong :eek::eek:

porthole

Retired
Nope - no bites, but on one of our previous boats the toilet sat right on top of the tank, and if you let a big slug of water drop in it would splash back up.