28brs tv

just took out my new 2011 28brs to try it out--i could not get any sound to come out of the tv speakers--the speakers work fine in the trailer when using the radio or dvd--just wondering if anyone else has the same problem or is it just that the tv may have a problem--the tv is a 19" jensen--thanx

jimtoo

Hi thumper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Not to sure about where you want sound, but think you want TV sound through same speakers as dvd and radio? If so, then you need to make sure a cable pair is connected from TV "audio out",,, to DVD "aux audio in". Then you would need to push buttons on remote for dvd and find the aux 1 or where ever the TV sound is coming in.

Enjoy the forum and someone else will have more ideas if this does not work or not what your looking for.

Jim M

I found out what is wrong with the sound--it is the dvd player-it has no rca outputs for the tv--just outs for the roof speakers--the speakers work fine on the tv when using the cable or ant input

jamthack

Hello,
We have a brand new Heartland North Trail BRS 2011. We have the same issue with our TV DVD sound. We cannot get any sound alone out of the TV. All sound is wired and comes out of the surround sound. It is annoying. If we are in the main bedroom and our kids are in the back sleeping, we cannot have the sound on as it will be through the entire RV not able to just come out of the TV into the front main bedroom.

You need to take speaker A or B off the DVD player and hook it into the TVs Audio IN. You will have to cut and splice the dvd speaker wire to RCA cables. Then when the kids are sleeping throw a movie in hit Speaker A or B whichever you wired it to and presto. Quiet TV sound .