slide out ruining carpet

1231ChaseB

On my 2010 3912 the opposite door slide out must have a wheel on it and I'm noticing that it is crushing the carpet and i also can see where it's riding on the linoleum ! In time it's going to ruin the linoleum ! Any way to do any adjusting on this thing to stop the damage it's going to do ????
chaseb

truknutt

Committed Member
Lippert has an item called the "Slide Out Slicker" (LCI-410051) Here is a picture of them and how they work. Essentialy it's a piece of thin, semi-hard plastic that the slide's wheels ride on to spread the weight out over your carpet or linoleum.

DC10-FE

I'm having a similar issue with my 3010 except it's catching on to 30,000 staples they used to tack down the small strip of carpet where the table sits in the dining area. The biggest problem, other than constantly catching my feet on them and slicing them up, is that they are tearing up the bottom of the slide. Every time I bring the slide out, it scrapes the black undercoating off the slide and leaves black streaks on the carpet as well as removing the weatherproofing on the bottom of the slide. That's the first thing I'll be looking at when I go pick it up if they ever call me, it's only been 3 1/2 weeks to fix the PDI items and reorder the correct parts if that's even been done yet. I don't think it took HL this long to build the entire unit from scratch. Yes, that's a bit of bitterness towards the dealer you're detecting in my comments.