Damage caused by flood in a 2010 Heartland TRLR,

M

Mystriven

HI,
I did not post this earlyer but here goes...

In June of 2009 I purchased a brand new 2010 Cedar Ridge,the second week end we used it, the fitting of the jointed pipe for the icemaker popped out after opening the water main.Good thing my wife was unpacking in the fridge and heard the noise and felt the water under her feet, A good thing I was still outside beside the main to quickly shut it down.

(32 Pounds pressure during the week and not on the week ends like when it happened, tested by Dealer)

Yes, it flooded the front kids bedroom and called right away my dealer for what happened.

My wife and I immidiately took the shopvac out and sucked all the water out of the carpet and opened the windows and dryed the carpet out with fans and all till the dealer could inspect the damages.

(Carpet stinks ,molding from the pocket door swollen up, wood immitation tape pealed off,insulation of the under belly of the trailer was wet.)

1 year after & 3 inspections done by the dealer and wrong parts ordered ,it is still not repaired and we are still waiting.

After several calls to the dealer without result we decided to go directly and see what there problem was.

Staff had changed and picture of damages where lost....good thing we took notes and pix.

3rd visit to the dealer 2 weeks ago,

They finaly are ready to replace all that was damaged except they did'nt have someone that in specialized in carpets and I told him that I'd do it as long as he pay's for the carpet and labour...no problem there.

What a surprise when I removed the first folding table/bed bench in the kids room...MOLD between the wall and seat boards.

I immidiately called the dealer to let him know of the situation and he said he'd have a look at it this friday August 27 2010.

After talking with them, I called up Heartland's service department ask for somekind of help and they said, I quote:

" What do you want us to do about it ,we are way in Indiana and your in Canada"

SO... My question is: What the heck do I have to do to have something done and what would be my options?

The fitting of the jointed pipe for the ice maker is not a ribbed fitting,So should'nt that be Heartland problems.....NOOOO!

The dealer Got his money &
Heartland does'nt give a heck about us...they got there money and we're on our own.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sorry about your troubles. I do have a question though....isn't a Cedar Ridge a park model made by HL?? Are you paying someone to move this trailer to the dealer everytime??

M

Mystriven

Yes its a park model,

&

No,

They come to the campsite to have it fixed, I told them if they wanted it in there shop, they would have to get a team to pack it up, move the 20x8 deck and flower beds ,take it them selfs and bring it back + putting everything back to gether after its done.

Plus Since they would be moving it, they should put a new one in ,then it would be a quick fix to the problem. ;)

The dealer will provide me with an extra garanty ON PAPER , that if mold pops out within 5 years from now because of these specific problems, they will do something about it.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well that answered my question. But just as a point of interest....when you make a post stating anything close to a Law Suit, then all the bells go off and everybody will just stop in their tracks and do nothing. Thats not a good idea, never put that in print anywhere.