Fuse Panel finding

Willym

Maybe others have noticed this, but in the course of troubleshooting a blown water pump fuse, I noticed that the failed fuse indicating lamps do not always illuminate. They rely on there being a complete circuit being made. In my case I had turned the water pump off and with a blown pump fuse, the LED was not on. Make the circuit by turning the pump on and the LED works. Also these is obviously some current required to drive the LED, and in my case, it was enough to illuminate the water pump switch and cause a temporary illumination of the test panel lights when the test button was pressed. This made finding a bad pump fuse a little confusing! I also found that there was another pump fuse, an inline one, at the pump itself.
I still haven't figured out why I blew 2 15A fuses. I may have some bad wiring for the tank probes somewhere in the underbelly.

BHEWITTJR

There are fuses called Blow and Glow that have a small LED built in them that illuminates when the fuse blows.

Willym

Good to know for those with older rigs. They work on the same principle, so if you switch the circuit off, the LED will extinguish.