Looking for a Bighorn

Looking for a Bighorn. Was looking at the 2985,I think I will go with the 3055,new or a lightly used one,some of the dealers are outa sight. I have found one that has new ones cheaper than some dealers are asking for used ones. Any ideas would be appreciated,George :confused:

jimtoo

Hi George,

We love our 3055,,, I did make a couple of improvements... not much ,, but 2nd A/C ... laminate floor in kitchen area...double pane windows,,, gel-coat finish... wall hugger double recliner and lazy boy recliners also. So they can be made to fit your own lifestyle or comfort zone. I don't think you would go wrong with a 3055.

Let me know if I can help.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We also considered the 3055 (Had to have the king bed) but ultimately ended up with the 3670rl and took delivery last week. The private bath and kitchen sold it for us. Couldn't be happier being Big Horn owners. The prices from one dealer to the next can be dramatic though. Be diligent and do your home work and you will save thousands. Good luck. Dave

sdagro

I tried dealing with Lakeshore RV before I bought my 3670 and the guy was really shady. They give you a real good price just to find out that it is a stripped down version. They would not send me an official quote. Gave me a price over the phone and said company policy did not allow them to send out detailed quotes. Seems to me they couldn't back up on paper what they were telling me on the phone. All I can say is "BUY AS LOCAL AS YOU CAN"cause you WILL have to bring it in for service/debugging. Good luck and enjoy. Steve A. Dagro

ATLJOHN

Hi george we purchased our BH 3670 from RVs for less in Knoxville,tn. They will email you a quote and their prices are very good. Also great people to deal with.

John

sdagro

We bought ours from Kent Mitchell RV in Hammond, LA-- about 12 miles from my house. My 3670 listed for $78,000. and I purchased it for $??,?00.00 plus they gave me $11,500 for my trade. Told someone on here right after I bought it and they told me I'd better put that dealership on my "Christmas List"! It has everything you can get on a 3670 except the gen. It does have gen. prep if I ever decide to add one.Cherry wood which DW fell in love with. The only thing I might do different is go with the smaller 9cf fridge instead of the 14cf side-by-side. Once we finally get that tweaked I will probably be glad we have it. Steve A. Dagro

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

Try your local/nearby Craigs lists with the search term of "Heartland". You also might try this site: http://www.rvtraderonline.com You can always try E-Bay motors with a search term of "Heartland" - I saw an 06 Landmark Monticello there with a no reserve auction - Current high Bid $15,200!!!

K

karykatz

In todays market, most dealers have very competitive, aggressive pricing. We recommend working with your local dealer.

Charlie Harris

Drago,

When you gonna get the South Louisiana Heartland Owners group going? We would look forward to attending a rally in your area, as we are frequent visitors.