Vacuum attachment

DC10-FE

Just wondering if someone from the factory could enlighten me on the amount of time it takes a dealer to order a part, in this case, a vacuum cleaner connection (the part that is mounted in the base of the stairs where you plug in the vacuum hose), to the time it would be delivered to a dealership in California? Does it have to go through some special EPA clearance before entering the state, maybe attach a cancer causing disclaimer sticker on it like everything else in this state?

The only reason I ask this is because during my PDI back in Apr. it was discovered that this connection was installed incorrectly during assembly and thus broke in two pieces making the vacuum unusable (would have been nice to have that at the beach). I was told that all my parts were in for the PDI repairs back in July only to discover, after 2 weeks in the shop, that the wrong part was sent.

Now, I understand that most things are done electronically in a matter of seconds in this day and age of computers and the internet, but, for the life of me, I can not figure out why it would take over a month for the factory to send the dealer the correct part. Which, according to the dealer, is showing "overdue", for what ever that means? I personally think the dealer is lying to me, but I would just like know from somebody at the factory, what is an acceptable timeline from the time a part is ordered to the time the dealer should receive it? Also, is there a way the factory can follow up on a dealers order? That would help me determine if the dealer is in fact lying to me. At this rate, it looks like I'll be missing out on a Labor Day weekend getaway because of a cheap plastic coupler that nobody seems to know its whereabouts.

I would appreciate ANY help on this, Thanks in advance.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Scott and Jennifer,

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service yourself to verify the parts have actually been ordered. Dealers have been known to lag on ordering parts or not order them at all, so check for yourself.

mikeandconnie

DC-10 FE,
If you do not have any luck getting it, just PM me and you can have mine out of my Landmark. It has never been used, I took the vacuum out because it was always in the way when working down below. We use a Shark Vac. I'm a old DC/KC-10 Mech 727FE myself.
Mike

DC10-FE

Thanks Mike,
I just may have to take you up on that if these Jack-wagons at the dealership keep holding my rig hostage for much longer. Heck, I could probably pick it up personally if you're down in GA? I'm usually in ATL a couple of times a month. It's the old adage, if you want a job done right, do it yourself.

Started out crewing Buff's before switching over to the panel on the "tube of pain" for 6 years, retired off the KC's after 12 years and still flippin' switches for DC's for maybe a couple more years.

Scott

DC10-FE

Update--
Just got off the phone with Sandy at HL and would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to her for all her help. She confirmed my suspicions about my dealer and their "honesty". In other words... as I suspected, they lied to me! Now it's a matter of finding out why they haven't been so forthcoming. All the parts they ordered were delivered and they are in fact the correct parts. As far as any "reorder of correct parts", there is no record of any additional parts on order for my coach. Hmmmm..... I must say, the service dept. at this dealer continues to maintain a standard of sub par performance since the PDI, or lack thereof. I'm thinking any future service will be done at an alternate facility.