Sink discoloration?

Patty62

I have a heart land NC SRL. We keep ours parked year round at a nice campground. The water used is well water. After one year of using the camper, we have noticed the sicks are starting to get discolored. Any advice on what would clean up this problem??:):):):):):)

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
How about soft scrub with bleach?
What kind of sink... stainless steel or ceramic?
Is the discoloration stain or rust?
Again... Soft scrub with bleach ought to do the job.

lwmcguir

Don't use bleach on SS unless you rinse it well and oil it afterwords. Same goes for HCl on stainless steel.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Our white plastic sink still looks good after 3 years. Does the well water have alot of iron in it?? Do you have any kind of water filters before the water enters the coach plumbing??

Last edited:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We have the plastic sink. I dump coffee down ours and it gets nasty looking on occasion, because I have those plastic grids in the bottom and stuff stays under there sometimes and creates a stain. I use a sink full of hot water and about a half to a full cup of bleach. Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse. Makes it look like new with no scrubbing.

Patty62

I have found that CLR or a Lime Stain remover has worked wonders. I do need to get a filter on it though..Thank,s YA,LL

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patty, yes you should have some kind of water filter hooked inline before the water gets to the coach. There are alot of different filters on the market. We use the undersink ones you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. If nothing else get one that has the charcol filter. They are not hard to install...a few fittings and your set. You don't want tadpols in your coffee.:eek: Try this link......http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have the same plastic sink in our 2008 BH. We pour out coffee and tea in the sink and it becomes stained. We use the Scratch free comet with bleach. The sink comes out nice and white.

BC