MPG Shower

brains77396

Has anyone used their MPG shower yet? Looking at the walls and medicine cabinet makes me wonder if it is safe to get it wet. We have the curtain to protect the door, but that is only the door. I am not sure what the walls are made of and how well they are sealed, but the medicine cabinet looks as if were wood. We haven't used the shower yet as all the campgrounds we have used so far had nice clean shower facilities that one could actually pick up their bar of soap if dropped. Didn't really buy it for the shower but needed the throne for at night and in case of emergency's.

MPG185-GA

Been wondering about that shower area myself. The dealer prep guy told us to make sure you wiped everything down really well after using..........Thought about improvising a shower curtain for the whole space but not sure if it would leave enough area to move. I guess we will see just how often if gets used....

KJR

I think adding the little sink and the medicine cabinet is a waste of space and no one will use them much. The kitchen sink is just outside the door and you can brush you teeth there. I guess they had to differentiate themselves from the RPod. They should do like the Rpod, make it a shower/toilet only. They could probably make it a little narrower. The vinyl coated walls are water proof, just check the seams. We had a Dolphin micro mini motor home and it had the vinyl coated shower walls and it wasn't an issue. I'd wipe the walls down after every use (I do that on my glass shower enclosure at home).

Kelvin

brains77396

Thanks Kelvin. We use the little sink and I shave there. The medicine cabinet is full of bath type products. We have not used the shower yet as we have doubts about how water would have on the walls. They must know something or it wouldn't be install in so many trailers.

hojomoose

hey all, I put up plexi glass on the back and outside wall just for added protection. I then clear caulked all around. Better to be safe than sorry later.

I used the shower last week while camping. It was a little cramped but was worth it. All you need to do is wipe it down afterward and its like you were not even in there.
Worked great for me.

KJR

Do you find the shower head is too close? You can't back up from it because the toilet is in the way. Did the medicine cabinet get soaked?
If you mounted the shower head over the toilet would that work better? You can always protect the medicine cabinet better with a coat of clear poly-urethane then make sure you wipe in down after a shower.
Thanks

Kelvin
I used the shower last week while camping. It was a little cramped but was worth it. All you need to do is wipe it down afterward and its like you were not even in there.
Worked great for me.

brains77396

If you lift the shower head, it comes off the bracket and you can move and direct the spray in any direction desired. By moving the slide right below the head, you can turn the water off and on without having to readjust it every time you turn it off, as in trying to save water.

Yeah I just lifted the shower head off the mount and used it that way. To be honest the cabinet didnt get very wet at all.More so the toilet and walls behind the toilet as i was standing over the toilet, feet on each side...sort of.LOL.
I didnt have the water on that much. Just to wet down and rinse off.

MPG185-GA

We just completed an eleven day 1943 mile trip and used the MPG shower every day. It was not too bad. A little cramped so I would just leave the door open giving the shower curtain and me a little more room. Just the two of us so it worked out very well. A quick wipe down and you were done. I also found that the cabinet does not get as wet as I had expected.......11 nights on the road and the wife and I are still talking!! Love my MPG!

brains77396

We haven't used the shower yet. Looks like it's time to invest in a Sham-Wow. Just spent the weekend with 6 couples in R-Pods. Four of the six said they wished the MPG was available when they purchased their Pods. All were impressed with the MPG's features and really liked the way the slide opened up more living space. The only two bad parts of the weekend was when a caterpillar went down the back of the wifes shirt (much screaming:D)and when we tried to watch a movie and could not hear it over the noise of the air con.:(

We just completed an eleven day 1943 mile trip and used the MPG shower every day. It was not too bad. A little cramped so I would just leave the door open giving the shower curtain and me a little more room. Just the two of us so it worked out very well. A quick wipe down and you were done. I also found that the cabinet does not get as wet as I had expected.......11 nights on the road and the wife and I are still talking!! Love my MPG!

MPG185-GA

HAHA....caterpillar demise, a youtube moment. We have had the same volume problems. Even just sitting on the bed....5 feet away the TV cannot overcome the A/C. Maybe some sort of wireless speaker setup will do it...on to the research!