Garage bed HappiJac frame issue

Manke3010

Hey all,

Doing a couple small mods to the trailer and just noticed the happijac vertical frame is pulling/bowing away from the wall.
I can't say how long it's been like this, or if it's been since we bought it, never looked that closely at that area. I tried to gently get screw them back in and grab the bracing, but to no avail....
In the pics you can see how much it's bowed out, especially compared to the rear frame behind it as well as the front frame on the opposite (door) side.
Not sure if I should just drill new holes and reinstall the 2 screws, or if I have bigger problems and that won't fix it...any idears?

Thanks.

Attachments

• CycloneRearBedFrame 002.JPG
    CycloneRearBedFrame 002.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 74
  • CycloneRearBedFrame 005.JPG
    CycloneRearBedFrame 005.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
  • CycloneRearBedFrame 003.JPG
    CycloneRearBedFrame 003.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 63
  • CycloneRearBedFrame 004.JPG
    CycloneRearBedFrame 004.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 61

porthole

Retired
What does the wall look like on the outside? Have something long and straight enough to check for a bow? (factory cut plywood edge is straight)

Manke3010

What does the wall look like on the outside? Have something long and straight enough to check for a bow? (factory cut plywood edge is straight)

Good idea, did that with board as well as a long level I've got. Pretty much perfectly straight on the outside. The inside walls are not level, but wasn't necessarily expecting them to be. They are consistently off on each side of the trailer, so that's good.
I'm just going to drill 2 new holes in the vertical frame and see if they secure it flush with the wall like the rest of them.
Thanks.

Raptor08

I just bought a 2011 3010 Cyclone HD and have noticed a similar problem. I'm going to check with the dealer, but I suspect I will have to use some type of an anchor to put the bolt into. I would also suggest measuring the vertical tracks. Mine are not all level with each other. I checked with a measuring tape and I used a 6ft level on the bottoms.

Manke3010

Good to know Raptor08.
I haven't measured distance between one another, but both sides seems to be consistantly inconsistent (ha!) if that makes sense.
I drilled new holes about 1" up/down from the 2 respective bolts that were super loose and not grabing any frame.
It's boxed aluminum studs so the crappy part is there's not a whole lot for the roughly 3/16" wide and 1" long self tapping screws to grab onto.
I ever so gently screwed them into the new holes and it drew the vertical frame closer to the wall a little. Probably fixed half the distance it was sitting from the TH wall. There wasn't enough grab to justify pushing it. Not sure how I could improve this. Perhaps wall anchors, not sure....

porthole

Retired
Since you brought this up I went out and looked at mine, not as bad as your but away from the wall with loose screws just the same :mad: