Warranty information

05Winger

I have had two problems with my trailer since the day I received it from the dealer. The two windows in 287rl slide out have worked extremely hard and the radio has only received a couple of stations. It really didn't bother me until we started camping with larger groups and we started gathering around our trailer for the outside speakers (we do listen to the Twins when they play). I later found out our trailer would not bring in stations other campers could get. Later on the landing gear started growling and getting worse. I called the dealer before or on the end of the warranty but did not get the trailer to them until 3 weeks after the expiration date. The dealer does not want to cover some of the warranty work. I would like to know the factories take on this and are they willing to cover the defects that were preset upon delivery. The dealer found the antenna was not plugged in and they have the windows working better but are not fixed. They told me to correctly fix it they would have to remove the windows on my dime. The landing gear they are willing to pay. Thank you

Jay Ross Inver Grove Heights MN

jimtoo

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. I see you have been a member for a long time, but never made any post. I hope you have been looking around and gathering information if you needed it.

I would suggest you have your VIN and contact Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Also if you have any documentation of your contacts with your dealer you should have that also. Heartland is very good to work with, but like all companies they have their limits.

Let us know what the outcome is.

Jim M

05Winger

I am happy to say between the Heartland Factory and Noble RV in MN (where we purchased our trailer) we picked up our trailer having no out of pocket expenses for the work performed. One of the major reasons we purchased the Sundance was the dealer's commitment to us that they stand behind their products. We want to say a huge "Thank You" to everyone involved. Heartland will be our first choice in future trailers.

CPE

Be careful on this! My window in the bed room blew out somewhere on my way home from an outing. It is approaching 3 weeks now and no replacement. The latch was hard to operate and lock from the start (last year). They are covering it under warranty after much arguing but I still have no window. The bedroom escape window easily will come off the hanging gutter as it is supposed to if it is not latched positively. I believe I have found the problem with the operating lever latch as mouted by the factory and am showing it to my dealed WHEN I get the window installed.
It should operate tightly and rather easily AND positively latch!