Newbie questions for 28 brs

Razimith

We bought are new 28 BRS in July we love it!

I had a couple of questions about the camper I am finally giving it a good cleaning and noticed a couple of things that did not seem quite right.

1st when I went to wash my roof off I used decor rubber roof cleaner and a scrub brush boy was it dirty. I noticed that there was a bunch of small bubbles everywhere I just wanted to know if this is normal or not?

2nd I noticed that all of my windows are only caulked on the top and the upper sides not all the way around is this normal or does this need to be repaired as well. I am a little nervous using the hose to wash the siding off when there is not caulk all the way around the window.

3rd Since I live in Wisconsin and I am probably going to be storing my camper outside what is a good wax or sealant for the decals. I have already had the small north trail decal come off the back :( instead of the dealer replacing the decal they just removed the entire section saying north trail ultra light. Not that you really notice that it is missing but not exactly what I would call a repair. At any rate just want something to protect the decals any suggestions would be great thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Razimith,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in soon with answers for you. Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
The bubbles on the roof are a normal occurrence on roofs. the decking material as it heats and cools releases vapors causing the bubbles. It does not effect the warranty on the roof nor will it interfere with the warranty.

We only seal the top section of every window.

Other customers will have to answer your question on the wax, I am not experienced with that.

ssjt2000

1....just about all rvs will have bubbles under the rubber...I call it a quick glue down and some spots dont grab or are just missed. I wouldnt worry about it unless you see the rubber pulling away from a vent etc. You dont want air to get under it and peel it back.
2....Your windows are sealed and they put a bead of caulk around the top section for just extra worry free leaks.
3....Any wax will really do a good job...just "test" a spot first. The dealer could of ordered a new decal and replaced it since it under warranty.
Enjoy