Whole in Door

charris57

Does any know what would work to repair a puncture in the door. Our door was caught by the wind and slammed against the storage door clip which was open and punctured the door. It did not puncture all the way through. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

K

Ken Washington

Steve,
You might consider using caulk to fill in the hole. Being on the outside makes it tough to look right. I will give it some thought and see what others come up with.

Ken

tdharley

Sounds like some Bondo (2 part auto body filler) & a nice "no smoking" decal.

You might think I am being a wise guy, but my father did it to one of his rigs and you could not tell.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Well I would have to agree with Tdharley, since the door is metal a little bondo and paint will probably hide the hole. You may need to get some matching paint from Heartland or the door manufacturer and find a body shop willing to spray the entire door so that it all matches.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

If i am not mistaken the outside panel is aluminum. I do not have my unit close to take a look but the doors are all from a sub manufacturer and I do not think they are fiberglas. I will check into it and get an answer for us guys who just have to know.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I would think with the texture its fiberglass, no gelcoat. I really think alum. is just a little bit smoother. :)

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
the door skin would be called filon. It is thin fiberglass covered with gelcoat that is also thin.