New Owner

As a new Heartland owner I have to say that I am somewhat disapointed in the move from my previous National RV brand to the Heartland brand. We love the trailer, but the level of support to answer questions seems to be very laxed and vague.

I know the walk through is dealer related, but there are many items that aren't labeled or has an invoice that is completely wrong from the factory. It's very frustrating when you are trying to perform a walk through and verify that everything is working properly (before you sign the papers); and there are unmarked switches, thermostatic fans that have 3-seperate functions that you must perform in order to test the device, no weight stickers in the cabinets, invoiced as 50amp service and contains a 30 amp service, television mounted near the ceiling that don't tilt downward(all you see are dark shadows from the floor level), no ladder for the top electric bed, no fresh water hose, no sewer hose, no towel bars...

A couple of days after taking ownwership of the coach I followed up with 2 calls to the factory to answer a few questions and check on some missing items, and it seemed to me that my factory customer service answers were what I would expect to hear from someone who really wasn't familiar with the coach.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sandpirate, one thing I can tell you is...sewer hoses, towel bars, and the fresh water hoses are not included with any RV. I have owned lots of them and never were these items supplied by the coach builder. I would not be surprised if the person at HL could not tell you about the above items.

Now the ladder might be an other issue. It would help if we knew what model of HL coach you have.

The 50-30 amp issue, that would be something that your dealer should have seen when the coach was delivered to them and had it repaired. Are you sure that your coach should have a 50 amp service?? Just asking. Not all HL's have the 50 amp service.

On edit, your profile lists a Ragan....did the hoses and things come with that trailer or did the dealer throw them in at the sale?? BTW, was this a stock unit (on the lot) or did you order this coach? If you ordered it...then your dealer has some work to do to get your trailer to what it should have had.

jimtoo

Hi sandpirate,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here as you can see.

Would you please update your profile to tell us what unit and model you have, or post what you have. It helps a lot to know how to answer some of the questions.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

When we purchased our new National RV- Rage'n Toyhauler everything was included in the trailer itself; towel bars installed, sewer hose, freshwater hose, backflow preventer, 30-20amp adapter plug, a large binder with all warranties and manuals, and a free year of Coach-net...and the invoice for this trailer matched the equipment installed.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The Heartland Cyclone 2812 that we just purchased was located at a dealership 700 miles away from our home. I spent quite a bit of time speaking with the salesman on the phone and one of the first things he did was send me a copy of the Heartland invoice with the stock number of the coach we wanted that was located on their lot. When we went on the walk through I was checking the invoice and questioning the fact that there were unmarked switches and items that did not work. In the end I found 4 discrepancies on the invoice from Heartland that did not match the trailer: 50 amp service(only a 30 amp on the trailer), 32 inch lcd television(trailer has a 26 inch), 6 interior speakers(there are only 4), one piece shower(there is a molded pan and molded one piece walls-that is 2 pieces...my Rage'n had a molded one piece shower that was only one piece). When I brought these concerns to the salesman he called the Heartland factory rep and he was told that the information listed on many trailer invoices are copy and pasted, so there may be some inaccurate information on invoices at times! Wow, at least he was honest!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
There is no weight sticker inside the cabinets for this coach listing the weight with all of the options, so I called the factory and I was given the weight from the brochure (I couldn't have found that one myself) and told that I could also use the exterior label listing the GVWR and subtract the carrying capacity. The paperwork I received with the vehicle has instructions for options the trailer does not have, or next generation options that don't directly apply to the options on the trailer...maybe these were just copy and pasted to the trailer when they built it as well. <o:p></o:p>

Sandpirate, one thing I can tell you is...sewer hoses, towel bars, and the fresh water hoses are not included with any RV. I have owned lots of them and never were these items supplied by the coach builder. I would not be surprised if the person at HL could not tell you about the above items.

Now the ladder might be an other issue. It would help if we knew what model of HL coach you have.

The 50-30 amp issue, that would be something that your dealer should have seen when the coach was delivered to them and had it repaired. Are you sure that your coach should have a 50 amp service?? Just asking. Not all HL's have the 50 amp service.

On edit, your profile lists a Ragan....did the hoses and things come with that trailer or did the dealer throw them in at the sale?? BTW, was this a stock unit (on the lot) or did you order this coach? If you ordered it...then your dealer has some work to do to get your trailer to what it should have had.

Bob&Patty

I can almost bet you that the dealer gave you the hoses...the towel bar maybe. I bet you payed for them no matter what. I had one dealer many years ago charge us for the PDI ($300.) and give us a box of CRAP hoses and a water regulator worth about $20.00.

Now that I think about it and DW reminded me. The Horn did come with a towel bar and TP holder. We didn't like them so we upgraded them. They were not installed, they where in a box. Not everyone likes them in the same place.

As far as I know the weight sticker is on the pin box. Its a bright yellow stricker. I think its been the last 2 years that HL has installed them there....not on the cabinets. Sorry, about the confusion, but I think something is fishy. You might want to question your dealer again. JMHO

Here is what HL states that comes on a CY 2812. This right from there web site. They state that a 2812 ONLY comes with a 30 amp service and a 26" TV. You can read the options yourself on this link. http://www.heartlandrvs.com/product.html?id=5&name=Cyclone&type=&section=standards_options Then you might what to revisit the dealers invoice you recieved. Better yet, call HL yourself with your VIN# and ask them what your coach had. BTW, did you hear the conversation between your salesman and HL's rep or just take his word for it?? Still sounds fishy to me. Sorry but JMHO.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We just took delivery of our BH 3670 last week and the dealer provided a basic start up kit, tp holder ect. were included but not installed and when I did the walk through it was plugged in with full tanks, ac, tv, fridge, all working when I walked in. The few minor things I found were addressed before I left. This is our first RV so I don't have anything to gauge our delivery but I don't see how I could have ask/expected more. My 2 cents, Dave

What's the use of buying an RV if we accept them without TP holders, towel bars...where do we draw the line? Tires? Water tank? Unfinished interior? It's bad enough that the small things need to be reworked just to use the coach because someone at the factory thought it would be a great addition, but never really took the time and tried it out to see if it is actually functional.

I take pride in my work and expect the same from others. I've read the brochures, the website, and the invoice(which should be a complete list of exactly what is on this coach, no matter what any other literature lists).

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What's the use of buying an RV if we accept them without TP holders, towel bars...where do we draw the line? Tires? Water tank? Unfinished interior? It's bad enough that the small things need to be reworked just to use the coach because someone at the factory thought it would be a great addition, but never really took the time and tried it out to see if it is actually functional.

I take pride in my work and expect the same from others. I've read the brochures, the website, and the invoice(which should be a complete list of exactly what is on this coach, no matter what any other literature lists).
I think the reason towel bars and TP holders are not supplied is because most folks like to put in their own "style" of accessories. I know we did. As far as the other issues, I would be suspect of the dealer. I have never heard of a rig being advertised with 50 amp service and only coming with a 30 amp cable.
As for Ragin, aren't they out of business?

Fredtp

For the life of me I can not understand why you bought it if you were unhappy with it during the walkthru? The items you are talking about should have been ironed out prior to signing the papers.

Just my two cents.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I know the walk through is dealer related, but there are many items that aren't labeled or has an invoice that is completely wrong from the factory. It's very frustrating when you are trying to perform a walk through and verify that everything is working properly (before you sign the papers); and there are unmarked switches, I sincerely am not trying to be a "smart a__" but when we took delivery of our new BC, the switches that weren't marked were so blindly obvious as to function I didn't give it a second thought!

thermostatic fans that have 3-seperate functions that you must perform in order to test the device, Not sure about this issue...I believe 90% of all RV's use the same Dometic thermostat for the furnance and AC. Again, should not be an issue. The Fantastic Fan is also a very basic unit that hopefully would not give you any grief. The Heartland manual seems to explain most of equipment fairly well.

no weight stickers in the cabinets, I believe this practice was discontinued a few years ago. Most manufacturers now put the sticker on the door frame. Our old rig had the stickers in the cabinets.

invoiced as 50amp service and contains a 30 amp service, This is a real problem! You should not have to deal with this kind of stuff!

television mounted near the ceiling that don't tilt downward(all you see are dark shadows from the floor level), There also were some issues that I did not research enough with our BC 3450 TS but I certainly don't hold Heartland accountable for my mistakes!

no ladder for the top electric bed, I am not familiar with your rig so I can not offer any "opinion" on this matter.

no fresh water hose, no sewer hose, no towel bars... Our BC is not our first 5th wheel. None of our previous rigs came with a fresh water hose, a "real" sewer hose, or towel bars/toilet tissue bar. We did receive a "starter kit" with some toilet paper, some chemicals, a pair of latex gloves etc. I have always had to purchase the fresh and gray water hoses, sewers hose with good connectors and any towel racks I wantd to install.

A couple of days after taking ownwership of the coach I followed up with 2 calls to the factory to answer a few questions and check on some missing items, and it seemed to me that my factory customer service answers were what I would expect to hear from someone who really wasn't familiar with the coach. Very possible to have a customer service employee that may not be familiar with every model of every coach. I do think they would refer you to someone else if you had specific questions, warranty questions, and/or questions needing a technician.

I hope you get your issues resolved and truly wish you the best. No one likes to spend their hard earned cash and be disappointed in the purchase. So far, I believe Heartland is a very reputable company and willing to stand by their products. So far, our BC is the nicest RV we have had.

Bob&Patty

Sandpirate, what happened with all the things you were unhappy about. Did you have a long talk with your dealer?? Maybe it was the fact that the salesman didn't know anything about the HL line and was just winging it to make a sale. Seems that something happened, you are not quite as upset as you were in your 1st post.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Don't know about now, but in '08 ours did come with the TP holder and a soap dish in plastic bag. The quality of those were not to my liking so I did not install them...they reason they don't install is so the owner can place them where THEY want them, not where a tech wants them.

As for a towel bar...my shower door handle IS a towel bar...I know they've gone to the round showers now so don't know why one has not been added...but is it REALLY that big a deal...just add one over the bathroom door. As others have said...get over it!!!

One can only hope that the big "B***H" with anything we purchase would be as small as "it's missing the TP holder"...