Any positive experiences with 5th wheel service in Portland OR.?

Kent

We are having a problem with the floor decking in our 2011 287RLX. In an area of about 1/2 the kitchen, the floor deck is making noise and seems to act like it has come away from the support members. Portland, OR is the next big city we go through and I wonder if anyone has had work done that may indicate quality and craftmanship?

jimtoo

Hi Kent,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will be in soon with a suggestion for a service facility for you. So that you don't loose any vacation time,, you might want to wait till you get back home unless it is something you think is dangerous and needs to be looked at right away.

Jim M

wdk450

We are having a problem with the floor decking in our 2011 287RLX. In an area of about 1/2 the kitchen, the floor deck is making noise and seems to act like it has come away from the support members. Portland, OR is the next big city we go through and I wonder if anyone has had work done that may indicate quality and craftsmanship?

Kent:
Which way are you headed? If South down I-5, there is a hotbed of RV maufacturing/experienced servicers in Central Oregon around Eugene, with Monaco and Country Coach (formerly) headquartered there. Also some manufacturers by Crater Lake in Bend, Or. I had some work done in Eugene (on my suspension) by Carrier and Sons in Eugene, and was pleased with the process/outcome. If the is forum doesn't get you the answers you need, you might look at the RVSERVICEREVIEWS.COM website.

branson4020

Icantre Member
There is a big Camping World store & sevice center off I-5 in Wilsonville. I've also used Olinger Travel Homes. They are now also owned by Camping World. They have locations on both the west and east side of Portland. Don't know how to rate "craftsmanship", but in both cases the work was performed to my satisfaction and it was really expensive.

Gaffer

So far, my experience with Curtis Trailers in Portland have been positive. They are a Heartland dealer and are located on Powell Blvd. (US 26) just a few blocks east of I-205. My buddy with an SOB recently had extensive repairs done to his rig from a collision and had good results. Best of luck.