rubber slideout seal

1231ChaseB

It seem's that on the off door slide out it keep's wanting to pull in the seal that's under the floor on the outside and it's destroying it ! Anyone had this and what's the fix !
chaseb

beardedone

Beardedone
You haven't provided to much detail (ie: type of unit) but I had a problem that was destroying the bottom slide seal. The rollers on the kitchen slide were attached to the floor but the factory employee who did it was careless and mounted it too far to the outboard side. Consequently when the slide moved in it trapped the seal on the roller, destroying it. When I noticed it the warranty was done of course so more money got wings. We had a very good guy remove the old seal, install a 2" strip of "puck board" and seal that to the frame. Then we installed a new seal on top of that with appropriate metal strips to hold it in place. Then everything was again sealed. Now it works quite a bit better.

RoadJunkie

My bedroom slide keeps eating the lower seal on the forward roller. I noticed it on the PDI and dealer promised to send a seal to replace it...which I never received. I took the unit to my local dealer and they replaced the seal two different times and it's still eating itself. I plan to take it back in a couple of weeks and, after talking to service mgr., he is going to work with the factory to see what they might recommend on a path towards repair. Honestly it's not a big deal, because it's on the bottom, but it's just not correct.

k-f-Indiana

The bedroom slide on our Big Country is doing the same things as Road Junkie's. Our 5er is a little over a year old. You can see the scrape on the bottom of the slide, just the forward one. We would be interested in what the fix turns out to be. Will follow this thread.

1231ChaseB

Hi Beardedone ! Thanks for the reply and i would truly appreciate more detail's on your fix because after carefully reattaching this thing it's still not right ! I have a 3912 Cyclone and the seal is the one that actually drag's along the bottom of the off door slide out ! There's another one there that actually doesn't touch anything !
There's no roller's or anything visible under there but a smooth floor !
Thanks
chaseb