Wet bolt kits or not?

4ever

I have read where some have had wet bolt kits instaled. Are the standard shackle bolts and bushings a problem? I have not talked with anyone that has had to have them replaced. How long do the standard bushings last?

Thanks,

Ted

RubiconAg

Yes the standard bolt/shackles kits are a problem. However I think you might have a different setup on you landmark. On our Big Country the 3 year old main bushing on our trailer equiflex system that had roughly 12000 miles on it was completely worn through and almost ruined the equalizer.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I just changed ours out this weekend. Like Rubicon, I found the Trail Air Equa Flex bushing on the left side was almost all dust. Just caught it before it started eating into the equalizer. Ours has less miles on it than Rubicon so the quicker you can do anything to your susspension the better of you will be.

Incidentley, I also repack the wheel bearings. Found one of the seals (LF) had started leaking grease onto the magnet. I did replace the seals with an oil bath seal Napa # 22558 if it helps anyone. This is the second seal that started leaking with less than 10K on the trailer. The first got replaced prior to us going to Nashville. I do not use the EZ Lube feature so it wasnt from blowing them out while greasing.

lwmcguir

I have read where some have had wet bolt kits instaled. Are the standard shackle bolts and bushings a problem? I have not talked with anyone that has had to have them replaced. How long do the standard bushings last?

Thanks,

Ted

Rule of thumb for the dry nylon type and the 1.75 width springs with standard equipment from the factory is 6000 miles. Better check every bold and shackle at that time.

RoadJunkie

The instructions indicate the RV should ideally be supported--in it's entirety--by jack stands. The floor jack supports only the axle while installing the shackles.

ultrafarmer

My standard shackle had to be replaced with 6000 mile on them. Went with wet bolt from E trailer, fast service.

traveler44

Had ours installed at Mor-Ryde in Elkhart. They are real pros. and will do the job right for you. They do alot of other work, like independent suspensions-- disk brakes-- Timken wheel bearings etc. If you call them they will give you an estimate and most people spend the night before their apt. on their lot. Tom M.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wet bolt kits run around $100. I would guestimate installation at $50-$100.

Peace
Dave