Dexter Nev-R Adjust Brakes

Yianni

Brake.jpg

I had to adjust my brakes yesterday on my Cyclone. The adjusting was easy. The hooking the trailer up to the truck, finding wood blocks for the top of the floor jack and jacking up the trailer was what wasted the whole Saturday. Unfortunately, Indiana is too far for us Californians to drive for a level up system. I was thinking about these self adjusting brakes. I found a thread from 2009 where someone tried them and loved them at first but later had problems with them locking up and other issues.
Has anyone installed these and been happy with them? I found a place that sells them for around $65.00 each, complete assembly. Just bolt on.
Lippert recommends adjusting your brakes at 200 miles and then every 3,000.

Yianni

If you want to spend the money put on disc brakes. You won't be sorry

I'd love to have disc brakes but if I'm not mistaken the last price paid I saw on here was $2,000 for the conversion. I can get these for $260.00.

lwmcguir

Unless you use your brakes a lot then 6,000 miles will be fine for adjustments. I have had both and prefer the manual ones when you get down to having to work on them. You are going to need to look very closely at all your suspension parts at the 6,000 mile interval and while you are doing that it is a great time to check the bearing clearance, grease the bearings, and adjust the brakes. Catch it all at once so the jacking is minimal.