washer/dryer

shelsay

Hi--

Looking at getting the Splendide Ariston stackables for our 2011 Grand Canyon. Just wondering if there are any problems with installing them in this unit. Expect we'll have Camping World do the work but wanted to know if there is anything we should be watching out for. Do you know if these are the units the factory installs if you get them when ordering your Landmark? Any problems removing the closet shelf or venting the dryer?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Pat

2010augusta

The splinded stack units are what the factory put in our Augusta. They work well, and there is a diagram on the heartland site that shows where the vent dryer vent should be placed.

skh

I had the Splendide stack factory installed in a 2011 Grand Canyon and it is great! Works well and fairly quiet, looks good the way it fits too. The vent iWould be s just out the sidewall, quite high of course. Had a smaller stack in a previous unit a dealer installed without the "pan" underneath and of course it developed a leak.. They've got this one set in a nice white plastic pan, still hope it never leaks though. Would be nice if the door opened the other way is all. I just looked at the book and the washing machine the factory installed is ARXL 129 W SP, Dryer TVM 63X both say Ariston on it. Good luck, it was a very reasonable priced option from the factory.

caissiel

on our 3500RL, I had to remove the door frame to the washer closet to fit the washer because the unit did not go through the doorway. While it was apart I installed the frame upside down and changed the swing of the door. Now the door swings same direction as the washed door. It actually was swong for better access to the closet without having to step in the bedroom.

The 2011 models now have the same door layout.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had our dealer install the Majestic stackables and they have worked very well. It is a great option in my opinion.

shelsay

Well, we had the Splendide Ariston washder and dryer installed yesterday. Ran a small load this morning, and everything works fine. Just wondering which of the many washer cycles most of you commonly use. Which do you find the most efficient as well as doing a good job of cleaning? Most of the cycles are quite long and I'm wondering if you find the shorter cycles just as good. Any info or special hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

We have a 2009 Big Horn 3385 that is already setup for a washer and dryer. Question is - Has anyone used Camping World to purchase and install a Splendide system? How was the cost compared to other units/dealers?

Jay

danemayer

We use the 15 minute wash cycle (setting 10 I think) and it seems to do fine. One caution - the water fill is on a timed cycle that's pretty short on the 15 minute setting. If water flow/pressure is low, it may time out without getting enough water in the drum. If that happens, the wash cycle is interrupted. To get it going, you have to turn power off and back on and then restart so more water gets added.

The 30 minute cycle (setting 5 I think) doesn't have that problem when water flow is low.

I exchanged some emails with the Director of Service at Westland when this happened to see if there was anything that could be set differently. He said it is not adjustable.

caissiel

When we were looking for a W/D 6 years ago we looked at CW and they were on sale. I went to a Camping supply store and service center and was able to negotiate a much lower price and they ordered it an delivery was about 2 days.