Big Country Package

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Just trying to clarify something since several people have asked me about this option...I just assumed the "Big Country Package" was a mandatory option and didn't think anyone would not opt for these additions. However, it is a point of contention in some recent conversations I have I been having with fellow RV'ers.

So...can a Big Country be purchased without the "Big Country Package" and what is the additional cost for this option?

Many thanks!

Bighurt

What you fail to realize is you simple bought 4 rolling tires, you just upgraded to wrapping those in the Big Country package, unlike myself with the Sundance package.

lwmcguir

When we were looking a couple of years ago, It appeared to me the Big Country Package was what made it a Big country. There was nothing in the brochure or in the coaches I would have taken out and quite a few things I would have added.

B

bwwalczak

Here at Heartland we use the packages to call out extra attention to key features that could get "lost" in a standard built coach.

SJH

Thanks Bryan!

But...I still don't understand if all the package amenities are an added option for the purchaser or if all the Big Country's come from the factory so equipped?

By the way, we love our 3450TS! It is a beautiful rig and so far working perfectly! Perhaps you could answer one other question for me...our big window by the dining table does not have the drainage slots at the bottom of the frame like all the other windows. Is it supposed to?

Best Wishes

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
SJH, does the window have any drain holes on it?? Did you look at the top on the window?? Maybe...just maybe the window was installed upside down.

SJH

No drain holes top or bottom! All the others do but for whatever reason, this big window by the dining room has none!

B

bwwalczak

You are correct. Each Big Country built has the Big Country package. Just a way for us to get more attention to the key features which make this vehicle great.

On the dinette window, this should be a jalousied (crank out) window on your dinette. Crank out windows do not always require the weep holes like slider windows. Slider windows can get water accumulating, then the need for weep holes. There is no way that this window could be upside down. This would ruin all functionality of the crank out window.

I hope this helped - it typed in haste.

B

bwwalczak

Well, you will love what we are doing with the new Big Countrys....Lots to talk about and look at. Truly a vehicle that stands tall.

I am personally very proud of this product. Let me know when you are ready to go PLATINUM!!!

ssjt2000

SJH...not sure if you recieved the answer you were looking for...." What is the additional cost for this item?" It is a charged item, which is $6525 retail ( any dealer will give you the sheet on this package ) It is a forced item, especially when the first items are Aluminum framed walls, roof, and floor...

SJH

You are correct. Each Big Country built has the Big Country package. Just a way for us to get more attention to the key features which make this vehicle great.

On the dinette window, this should be a jalousied (crank out) window on your dinette. Crank out windows do not always require the weep holes like slider windows. Slider windows can get water accumulating, then the need for weep holes. There is no way that this window could be upside down. This would ruin all functionality of the crank out window.

I hope this helped - it typed in haste.

It does help very much! Thank you!

SJH

Well, you will love what we are doing with the new Big Countrys....Lots to talk about and look at. Truly a vehicle that stands tall.

I am personally very proud of this product. Let me know when you are ready to go PLATINUM!!!

And I am a proud owner! :D That PLATINUM sure is "purty" in the sun!

ssjt2000 - Thanks for the pricing information! I was curious about that. (worth every penny!)