Landing gear issue

breid

It seems it's always something with this thing. I went to park our cyclone after our latest outing and the motor side of the landing gear is not moving. When moved manually the result is the same. I can see the bolt is still there that connects the square linkage to the motor. The DS leg works flawlessly either with the motor or while manually cranking it

I'm assuming that there is some kind of gear that sheared between the motor and the landing gear. I know I have read about this on the forum before but for the life of me I can't find anything on it. Is it a matter of just changing out the motor?

Please advise

jnbhobe

Does the motor run and does the DS leg move ?? It may just be the pin in the top of the leg is sheered or out of place, happened to me pin was out of place and the pinion gear was slipping.

breid

Yes the DS leg works fine. I crawled up in over my generator cover to take a look earlier. I couldn't see anything obvious. I'm not sure what pin you are referring to. Is this something that is easily seen or is it internal?

jimtoo

There is a bolt on each side that connects the square shaft to the jack. Are they both there??

breid

Yes, both bolts are there. That square shaft will turn both manually and electrically. Everything works as advertised except the ODS gear does not move.

breid

I heard back from the shop, I need a new jack assy. It will not be repaired prior to the holiday weekend. To say I am disgusted with my situation would be an understatement. Between my suspension failing in May and this landing gear failure I have had the Cyclone out three times this summer. I have little confidence in this trailer and feel like there is a black cloud over my head while trying to enjoy it. It's now time to winterize it and look forward to more exciting adventures next year. <O:p</O:p