Our 3400 Plus

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I thought I would share some photos of our Big Horn. Included is an idea I stole from another camper for a screen door opener that reduces the need to use the sliding portion of the door. It's basically a wire rod atached to the lever going up thru a hole in the slider with a wire nut on top.

Attachments

• 32in. LCD Nice Fit.JPG
    32in. LCD Nice Fit.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Push to Open.JPG
    Push to Open.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 187
  • Outside open.JPG
    Outside open.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Outside closed.JPG
    Outside closed.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 201
  • s Spot.JPG
    s Spot.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 162
  • s House.JPG
    s House.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Our Worldly Possessions.JPG
    Our Worldly Possessions.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Our Spots.JPG
    Our Spots.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 185

RickNB

Hi Ray

Great idea on the screen door handle have to try that on ours. I love the picture of your golden she looks so much like our old girl we lost 2 years ago at 16 years old. We have alway had Goldens for the last 24 years and just lost our last one (mac) last month at 12 years old. We now dont have anybody to take up the good places on the furniture except for a little Laso Aspo and she doesnt mind sharing modt of the time. We miss our Golden fur kids.

Have Fun
Rick

Attachments

• LanieMac.jpg
    LanieMac.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

jbeletti

Hi Ray,

Nice pics - beautiful trailer!. I love your door mod. I saw a similar mod on a Mobile Suites forum. Gotta do it next season.

Jim

hertzberg

Nice pictures. We have a 3400 coming in a couple of months and I will have to try the screen door opener trick. We have a 9 year old golden with a face almost as gray. I can see where her favorite spot is going to be!!

Is that the stock TV in the entertainment center? It looks like a widescreen.

jpmorgan37

Hi Ray & Lin;

Love the picture of Suzi. We've had Brandy down to the Pavilion a few times but it isn't the same without Suzi. Take care and enjoy.

John

nhunter

I put my printer in the overhead compartment. I got some small stick on wire holders to run the power cord up to the overhead. I also hole sawed a wire pass thru like the one in the desk top. When I want to print I just open the door and the paper falls into my lap!:D

timk

Ray,
Does the door mod allow the slider to open enough to lock the outside door from the inside? I would assume that it does.
TimK

Ray LeTourneau

Yes. Just make the rod long enough to extend about 1-1/4 inces above the slider when it's closed. That will allow the slider to open about 4 to 5 inches.

Ray LeTourneau

Fordsd250 said:
Love the pictures. Did the recliners come from factory?:)

Yes, they are the optional Euro Recliners. For me they get a little uncomfortable after a couple hours. But that's just me & I'm a big guy. They seem well made and the leather is soft and supple. The bolts holding the wooden bases to the mounting stock have come loose a couple times. Next time I'll have to remember to try some loc-tite.

jimtoo

We also have the Euro recliners. They do get a little uncomfortable after a little while. The base legs have fallen off of ours a couple of times and now I check them on a regular basis. The last time the wife moved the chair a little and one of the legs came off and she did not see it untill she sat in the chair and almost went through the back window of the 5er when it fell over with her. Another thing we have found that is not good is that it seams the foot stool or ottoman is always in the way when you are not using it. Our next unit will not have them for sure.

Ray LeTourneau

We are on the lookout for new furniture to replace the Sofa sleeper with a loveseat recliner and replace the euro chairs with 1 nice recliner OR a couch that doesn't stick out so far as to prevent the slides from coming in. I read somewhere that the fabrics used in most RV's are not intended for full time use. I believe it. The fabric on our sofa sleeper is stretching after only 4 months.
The leather on the euro chairs seems to be holding up nicely. You're right about the ottomans though. They do get in the way. Hindsight? We should've gotten the factory recliners and saved the money.

L'l John

"We should have gotten the factory recliners and saved the money."

I also should not have gotten even the factory recliners, since I have just replaced them with Lazy Boy recliners. They do not swivel but are much lighter and easier to move about. They are also much more comfortable, with better head rest. The factory recliners are not tall enough to lean your head back and still be able to watch TV.

K

Ken Washington

L'l John,
Lazy Boy has a base that replaces the one that you have on the recliner that will let them swivel. We also bought Lazy Boy recliners and swivel bases and love them!

Ken

SmokeyBare

Our tour at Heartland's factory was the deciding factor of us ordering the 3400RL BigHorn. We measured the distance between the two rear slides and the back wall. We had a depth in mind... as we have two leather lazy boy chairs and the next RV we bought would have to be large enough for those chairs!!

I did order the Euro Chairs... they are nice... but being... :eek: Ahem ... wide :D loads... we like the fit of our Lazy Boy chairs.

The Euro Chairs are in my Daughters house.

Attachments

• Our Lazy Boy Chairs.jpg
    Our Lazy Boy Chairs.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 73
  • Euro Chairs.jpg
    Euro Chairs.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

L'l John

Ken Washington said:
L'l John,
Lazy Boy has a base that replaces the one that you have on the recliner that will let them swivel. We also bought Lazy Boy recliners and swivel bases and love them!

Ken

Do you know how much more the swivel makes the chair weigh? That was part of what made the original chairs weigh so much, and hard to slide into storage position:( .
If the Lazy Boy swivle does not add much weight, I would be interested in trying at least one chair with one.

John

K

Ken Washington

L'l John,
I can not tell much difference in the weight of the chairs with the swivel base. In fact they can be moved easier with the swivel base than the regular base. Unlike the base that comes on the Flex Steel chairs, these are one solid peace of wood. My wife can even move them!

Ken

Ken

Uncle Rog

Howdy, jimtoo, I pulled the screws on our euros and added lock washers to keep them tight. If we were fulltiming it we would pull them and slap our costco / lane recliners in there...............

C

Chulinw

Go to this web site and look at the Euro chair they have available for around $386.00 delivered to you. store.reclinercity.com They have them black, blue, white and tan the last time I look at them. I thing that they are much better than the ones come from the factory.