Looking for winter campground in Yuma area

rvn4fun

Hi, this upcoming winter will be our second trip south for the winter. Last year we wintered in Texas and were very dissapointed with prices and the COLD. This year we want to head for the Yuma area. We are looking for a winter park. We are not fancy people who need everything, hot tubs, pools ect. We do need a great internet as we take reservations all winter long for the summer campground where we work camp at in Nebraska. We do like to play cards ect. Any suggestions?

jwpurdy

We have friends from Montana who stay at the Shangri-La RV Resort in Yuma and they like it very well. I stopped by last year and it seems like
a very clean well organized park with many activities. We winter in the Lake Havasu area and like it there.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
rvn4fun,

Sorry Texas was cold. It was an UNUSUAL winter for us. Near Dallas this winter, we got 13" of snow in 24 hours. I've lived here all my 40 years, and never seen that much! It even snowed in Houston this winter!

Hope you'll give us another try. ;-D

rvn4fun

Thanks for the park suggestions, keep them coming! Travelin Tiger we did really like Texas, loved the people and the food. We were just north of San Antonio about 22 miles. I guess what did it for us was the morning it was 14 degrees out and our Heartlands water was froze up between the tank and the pump, then our rv friends called from the desert near Yuma and said it was 80 there. That was the straw that broke our Texas winter camping, anyway until we buy another rv that will stand up better to the cold.