Cyclone 2812 LCD TV Tilt Issue--Remedy

Cyclone 2812 LCD TV--NO Tilt--Remedy

A problem with the main 26 inch flat screen in the Cyclone 2812 is that it doesn't tilt downward, so there isn't a clear picture for viewers not sitting on the top bunk.

To remedy this I purchased a "Tilt TV Wall Mount for 13"-26" for flat screen tv's at Wal-Mart for $30. The installation of this tilt mount to the existing swivel arm will utilize all of the existing hardware, I just adapted the tilt mount to work with what is already existing. This is how I added the tilt function:

1) I unplugged the wires from the back of the TV and removed the four screws that connect the swivel arm plate to the back of the television.

2) Now that the TV is disconnected and out of the way, remove the wiring that is fed through the swivel arm so that the mechanism can be removed from the wall completely.

3) Remove the (6 or 7) screws that mount the swivel arm to the wall so that you can drill holes in the plate that connects to the TV.

4) Place the wall mounting plate from the tilt mounting kit in the center of the plate that connected to the back of the TV with the 4 screws. Mark and drill holes in the plate that connects to the TV to coincide with the two holes on the wall mount plate from the tilt kit.

5) Insert bolts with lock nuts to secure wall mounting plate of the tilt kit to the plate that connected to the rear of the TV.

6) Connect the tilt mechanism from the tilt mounting kit to the rear of the TV using the same screws and washers that you removed from the TV earlier.

7) Remount the original swivel arm to the wall of the trailer with the (6 or 7) screws.

8) Once the arm is secure, slide the new TV bracket mounted on the TV onto the new swivel arm bracket and then slide the lower locking mechnism into place.

9) Relocate the wires through the arm and connect to TV.

10) Once you have tested the new swivel, be sure to re-adjust your TV secure straps to accomodate the tilt function.

Now the TV will tilt up and down as well as side to side, and in and out.

Last edited: