Cyclone wall layout request

porthole

Retired
ATF

I would really like a view of the door sidewall framework of a 3010.
I need to get the info of the stud layout and spacing. I want to add an awning and would like solid numbers to go on.

If a PDF file is not available maybe just a photo of the studded wall with the dimensions added on.

Thanks,
Duane

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Duane,
I have heard others just using a stud finder to locate all those framing memebers. You could also look at the sidewall in the mornings and see the studs.

Mark

porthole

Retired
I know Mark, I would like some "definitive" numbers before I start drilling into the sidewall. For those who actually have a particular model I don't see a reason not to have this info. Had I thought about it when I was in Elkhart picking up the trailer I would have taken a picture of one of the the many 3010 aluminum studded walls that were sitting outside the "lamination" plant" and put the tape measure to work.
Didn't think of it again last month when I was out there.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Duane,

Did you ever get an answer? I find it difficult to believe that there are not measured drawings

porthole

Retired
No I did not. And I am sure there are engineering drawings that could be output to a pdf file for things like wall layout.
Propriety information you know............
I'm sure anyone with the where with all to actually copy and build a trailer also has the ability to purchase and reverse engineer the item.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Duane,

More or less the same answer I got from HL Customer Service as well. They did tell me where all of my wall reinforcements are for mounting TVs. And the other interesting piece of information was that the outside walls have no structure in them - strictly a Laminated panel with Structural support at key locations such as the openings and the bed lift.. They say not to attempt to secure anything to the outside walls. That is going to change my desk design to be full height so the weight is supported by the floor and not the wall. Sill need to understand if I can tie it to the wall to keep it from falling over since it will be top heavy.

Kevin