Firestone airbags

lhetsler

I am wanting to order and install the firestone riderite airbags. In looking at the firestone website it lists part no. 2299 for a dodge 3500 and part 2478 for a 3500 HD cab and chassis. My truck says 3500 HD on it and is a dually but I don't know what the cab and chassis means. When I look at the installation instructions for the 2299 it shows a straight frame which my truck has, the 2478 shows an arched frame. Can anyone help me verify which version of the airbags is right for my truck or help me know how I can tell for sure. The 2299 is a no drill kit which uses the bumper holes which my truck has, but 2478 is a side mount for which you must drill holes.

Rrloren

The cab and chassis is the commercial truck that i think comes w/o abed or a flat bed. The engine and trans are a bit different.Believe you need the 2299.

scotty

Ditto on the 2299. Although my truck is a single wheel the 3500 dually is the same frame. Installation is a piece of care, took me about two hours laying on the ground and taking my time. Did not install the compressor. I ran both lines back and installed them on each side of the license plate. Easy to drill a couple of holes in the area around the plates.

sgtbigb

The link did not work, but its an amazon air lift store with a lot better prices then I paid:=(

Rrloren

I put my lines in the wheel wells. There were two holes already there that were the correct size to install the air inlets , works well there since I usually air up the tires before a trip and can air up the bags as well.

f250dieseldad

When my friend installed mine he removed the license plate bolts and ran the lines through those holes. A very neat install.

lhetsler

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered the 2299 and installed them today. Not too bad, although the weather was hot 92 degrees. Took about 2 1/2 hours including jacking up and removing the tires, probably the hardest part of the job. Looks good, now I can level up my bighorn when towing.

Bob Vaughn

I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and cannot keep the air in them, I have to remove them so I can tighten the elbow where they go into the bag. This time I am going to use some thread sealant when I install them......

GOTTOYS

I ran my air lines both up to the left side of the box toward the rear. They are right next to the trailer plug I put in the side. You can get an adapter that will plug into the trailer plug and provide a cigarette lighter type plug in for a 12 volt compressor. Works slick! When I need air I plug my little El-Cheapo compressor in and have at it. Everything is right there....Don