EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, West Creek - 5/20/2011 to 5/22/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Just made our reservations. We are arriving Thurs, 5/19 leaving Mon., 5/23. We were assigned site 514. Can't wait!

gschaaf

Hey Deb just jumped on the computer see you're setup for Sea Pirate next year. It's a long haul from atco but count me and Fran in. We are going to call and book a site. See ya in Pa.

Glenn and Fran

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Glenn, very cool and I'm glad I didn't upset your distance calculator. Yep, it'll take longer to load and hook up, than it will take to get there for some of us! Please be sure to post your site # for me.

Jim & Harriet

hi Deb,
we will check the Google-map and decide the best way to get there from here.
Probably not as long a ride as it was to Cape May - and we will plan to spend
one or two extra days. Is there a "closing date" for reservations? Need to wait
and find out how the vacation day allotment will play-out for next year.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Jim,

We will be turning the sites back to Sea Pirate on April 1, 2011 if we haven't booked them. This should give you plenty of time to plan things out. Hope we get to see you on our turf again!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Jim, We travel to Danville frequently and I know you are off I-81. We would travel 29 normally but would suggest 81 North to 66 East to 495 toward Baltimore, cross the Key Bridge onto I-95 North. Cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge onto 295 North. Exit onto Route 70 East (Awful road with lots of lights) onto Route 72 East onto Route 9 South. 5.5 Miles and the Garmin's gonna say
"you have reached your destination on the left". Welcome to NJ!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Jim, I would say 8 hours approximately from Danville on 29 so you be the judge from where you are. As far as Andrew's bus stop, he would want to take the Gambler's Express (Otherwise know as Lindenwold High Speed Line) into Atlantic City. I think he can hook up with that from 30th Street Station. Once in AC he will get NJ Transit Route 9 Corridor Bus North. They will stop right on route 9 by Sea Pirate about 200 yards from our sites. Life is good my friend!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hey guy's !!

Just made our reservations. We are arriving Friday, 5/20 leaving Sunday., 5/22. We were assigned site 512. So add us to your list . Can't wait!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
No problem Cheryl. The CG office is closed until Thursday this week anyway! John and I are going there this weekend to further scope things out.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I have added a flyer on post #1 of this thread regarding TOY RUN FOUNDATION of Manahawkin, NJ. TOY RUN FOUNDATION will be our charitable organization for 2011!

Jim & Harriet

hi Deb,
I was checking the site map but I can't seem to locate the #520?
Can you tell me what sites you have reserved - we are going to
call and make a reservation.
This year we will be adding extra days to this trip to your state!
Thanks for the help.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hi Jim,

Their internet map is outdated. If you are looking at their map there are only two rows of sites in the 500 section. There is a green area to the right of those sites. Number 520 is in that green area to the right of 513 and progress up to 526 to the right of 519. How long will you be planning to stay?

Jim & Harriet

hi Deb,
thanks for the info. thought my eyesight was failing even more!
we'd love to be near you guys.
we are planning to be there on friday and then leave on tuesday
or wednesday depending on jim's work / vacation schedule.
with the williamsburg rally scheduled the previous weekend we
would hardly have time to restock and head-out again any sooner
so we will just stay longer... :)
looking forward to "rally-season 2011" already!
H

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Harriet, Your eyes are fine sister! This section of campsites is roomy but close enough to make visiting from any site easy. We are at Sea Pirate this weekend making notes and planning activity areas and such. Saw a NJ Transit bus stopped by the CG entrance yesterday and will ask today if there is a designated name for this stop in case Andrew comes to visit. I'll let you know later what I find out. Is there any information that you would like as far as things to do or places to visit while you are here. I'll gather what interests you and mail it if you would like.

Jim & Harriet

hi Deb - and thanks.
Certainly we would love to know the name of the closest bus stop for Andrew to come
from Philly (and if it is right at the gate - even better!) As for things to do - it is a bit
early in the season the be ocean-swimming, but being able to just walk and / or sit on
the beach will be wonderful! I have not looked at the CG informatiuon but I am sure if
you selected it that it is a nice place.
talking about it makes me wish we were heading there soon... :)
I will let you know what site # we reserve.
H
ps: just made the deposit - but we were told that we could not choose a site and
they were not assigning them. will you be doing that prior to arrival? it would be
nice to be in that "green" area.

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Harriet, They will be assigning rigs in the future as they cannot predict what the needs of the group will be. We will assign them following our turn back of sites next year and will make every effort to put the bigger rigs on the biggest sites. Hope this helps you. By all means you will know your site prior to arrival.

Jim & Harriet

I am sure that whatever arrangments / assignments you
make will be fine.
You are a great organizer and we love to just come and
enjoy the rally with all the Heartlanders!
Thanks for all the work you do!
H

Status
Not open for further replies.