New owner of 3070rl Others out there?

z-dog

Just signed the papers for a new 3070 unit. Wife and I really liked the layout, weight of trailer (pulling with 05 F-250 6.0L) and Heartland quality. We looked at several other brands in the similar price range and Heartland won out. We are getting the optional island installed and the convection micro. Also having the Trail-Air pin box installed. We have owned a 04 Wildcat for the last 3.5 yrs. and have had good service from it, but needed more room and comfort. So we are excited about our new unit and look forward to great use from it. Also new to the forum, so looking forward to talking about our BC with others.

jimtoo

Hi z-dog,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Congratulations on the Big Horn, I'm sure you will enjoy your new unit, I think you mean BH instead of BC as the 3070RL is a Big Horn. The island will be a great addition and make the wife happy. Just when you go for PDI please do a very through check out. Check operation and how to operate every item.

When you get your new unit go camping and make many happy memories.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congrats on your purchase. We just picked up our 3670 last week and are taking it on our frist trip this weekend. Can't wait. see you around the forum, Dave

z-dog

Thanks Jim
We have been RVing for many years but this is our first "new" unit. We will be camping overnight at the RV dealership (they set up a section for complete setups: water, elect. sewer) to transfer all our "stuff" from our Wildcat to the new BH (I did make a mistake on the BH vs BC). We plan on taking quite some time to go through everything, especially while packing the new one and staying in it to test everything we can. The dealership seems like a good one, but time will tell us the best.
We will be full timing for the next year, so I think we will be able to give the 3070 a real test (although we are pretty easy on our RV's and go to extra lengths to keep things in great condition). Already had some good tips on conditioning the roof (always cleaned mine but not conditioned), greasing the bearings more often than I would have thought, coating the front with a really good protector (helps with the bug splats) and others. So we are excited to get our unit soon.
Thanks Chris

Jellystone

z-dog, welcome to the forum & welcome to the Heartland family of owners. I am sure y'all will enjoy the Big Horn. Continue to treat this unit like a lady and she will treat you right. I to am a stickler for taking care of a camper. To many people neglect routine maintenance and then want to raise cane about a problem occuring. I kind of look at it like a kid in school--if you do your homework then you are ready on test day. If you don't do your homework and fail the test then you want to blame the teacher (manufacturer). Anyway, congrats on the unit and keep on keepin' on.

Westwind

Hi - we hopefully sign papers and take ownership of our 2012 Bighorn 3070 on 7/28. We are going from a 26 ft TT with no slide outs, so talk about landing on a cloud.
I'm a little nervous about the transition to a fifthwheel, cornering, backing up, and hitching up but I'm reading up and have a friend who's had three and gives me good advise, the rest of it with the exception of slides I'm comfortable with.
We have a good forum here with lots of good information and manufacturer participation so we are in good hands.