09 3670 bedroom TV want to mod mount, need ideas.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
The angle of the flat panel jenson TV has a lot to be desired. and I want to add a satellite receiver to it. There is a black board where the tv is mounted. Has anybody remounted the tv to a tilt mount bracket? Also suggestions on where to sit/mount the dish receiver? Whats behind the black board?

I have thought about mounting the receiver under the cabinet shelf. Also I know I will need to add straps to secure the TV light the one in the back.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a 3670, but I am in the process of mounting a TV in the BR.
That black carpeted board is screwed into two cleats that are screwed to the side cabinets.
If you look close you should see a couple of black screws holding the TV mounting board to the cleats.
You should also be able to change the angle of the cleats by repositioning them for more or less tilt.
You might also be able to re-mount the board higher and put the reciever on the same shelf.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Your '09 BH3670 must be different than mine. There is no "black carpeted board" in the bedroom TV shelf area.

jbeletti

At this time, the black carpeted board comes only when the bedroom TV is ordered. That Steve has one now must mean we used to put that board in regardless.

Like Dave suggested, I too have relocated my board, moving it back and up to allow for stuff to be put on the shelf below it and to cover some of the wiring as the connections are made at ceiling level.

If you screw/bolt the TV to the board, you should not have to additionally, strap the TV in/down.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ah so! We bought ours from dealer stock at an RV show and they "gave" us a 19" TV for the bedroom. Only reason we closed the deal :rolleyes: (that and the harpoon in my butt)

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Jim, after looking at mine, there isn't much if any room to move the screen any higher. There is less than a fingers width above the dispaly the way it is mounted now, and very little room below it. I'll have to ge the book out to see what model I have.