Automatic Levelers - finite amount of stroke length for leveling

4ever

Just purchased a Grand Canyon with the automatic levelers and having some problems. We used the new levlers about 5 times and they worked great! After we unhooked the truck we just hit the button for auto level and just sit back and watch. The rear jacks go down behind the rear tires and then the unit levels itself. After it levels the rear stablizers go down and everything is done. Worked like this for two weeks. Came home yesterday and now something is not right. The rear jacks go down and then the unit shuts off. The rear stablizers don't go down. Tried doing the self leveling about 5 times and always the same thing. I even tried turning off the battery switch and still the same thing. Anyones else out there with the levelers and what have you experienced.

Thanks for your input.

Ted

sgtbigb

Re: Automatic levlers

That happen to me once. Try putting wooden boards under each footing. It work for me!

Willym

Are you Auto Levelling using the battery or are you plugged into shore power? During my PDI, my dealer told me to keep shore power off until levelling was complete. I forgot once and the unit quit levelling. That was the only time that the feature did not work.

4ever

I will try putting blocks under the levelers. Thanks for that tip Gene.

When I first came home I did it without shore power just battery. The other times I was hooked to shore power. Does not seem to make a difference.

Ted

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Just curious, do you get any error codes?
You might just try calling Lippert at 866-524-7821. They may be able to walk you through some trouble shooting steps.
Let us know when it is working again and tell us what the fix was.

Peace
Dave

DougS

Doug S
Re: Automatic levelers

Ted,
I have the same year and unit that you have. I just came back from a trip to Alaska. The rear stabilizers stopped working for me several times, but after second try they worked Last night at my home being the worst. The stabilizers just clicked but did not come down. I took the spare tire crank and moved the jacks by hand, enough to spray with lube. I retracted the jacks, and again tried the auto level and they worked. I believe the stabilizers have to be well lubed for them to work well.

Doug S

4ever

I don't get any error codes. After the the rear jacks come down the unit goes through its leveling procedure and the just shuts off before the rear stablizers go down. I can put the rear stablizers down by putting the unit in manual mode .

Ted

4ever

Well I found out what was wrong. It was me. The auto levelers will only level so much. My driveway does slope and when I put blocks under the levelers on the low side (as Gene recomonded above) all worked fine.

Thank you all for the input. This forum sure is helpful.

Ted

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired

Great info !! I'm sure this ? will be asked in the future !!!

porthole

Retired

Well I found out what was wrong. It was me. The auto levelers will only level so much. My driveway does slope and when I put blocks under the levelers on the low side (as Gene recommended above) all worked fine.

Along this line - The Auto level upgrade installed by TrialAir won't "auto level" if the coach is too far out. In that case use the digital display to come within 3 degrees side to side and front to rear then hit the auto level.