Water Tank Fell Out

BruceL

I am new to camping and I am excited to have purchased my new 2010 31RLSS. I love this trailer and I am happy with my purchase but I did want to warn other North Trail Trailer owners of a problem with the fresh water tank falling out. When we went to Sedona AZ for a camping trip I met another North Trail owner (3 months longer then me) and he said he loved the trailer but said I needed to take it to my dealer and get the fresh water tank secured. His had begun to fall out and La Mesa needed to put 5 more supports for it. By chance we both bought it from La Mesa RV in Mesa AZ so I took mine back the following week for this repair. Unfortunately, Heartland turned down the repair as they said it was preventive and I was told they would fix it if it happened. The day after I picked up my trailer we were on our way to Denver about 1 1/2 hours out of Phoenix when honking all around me started. I pulled off and looked under the couch and the water tank was on the ground dragging. Luckily I bought it from La Mesa RV and they sent 2 guys up to me that took 2 1/2 hours once they got to us to take out water tank and then support the bottom and get me on my way with no fresh water tank. I still LOVE our trailer but I was told by La mesa mine was the 3rd trailer that had done this. In my opinion La Mesa RV saved my trip and my wife's surprise birthday party.

BruceL

Re: North Country Trailer Fresh Water Tank fell out

I goofed--as I said I am new to this and I meant North Trail--sorry about that

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: North Country Trailer Fresh Water Tank fell out

Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your water tank but I dont think you are alone. It has happened to several people here and not just North Trails. As a matter of fact, if you read the "other big forum" you find that that it has happened to other SOB's also.

Glad you got it resolved and back to something important, like camping.

BruceL

The Fresh Water Tank Fell out

I accidently originally posted this on North Country instead of North Trail.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Re: The Fresh Water Tank Fell out

Hi BruceL,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sorry you had a problem, but sounds like your dealer really stepped up and took care of business for you.

The Heartland Forum and Family is here for you, enjoy the forum.

Hope your wife had a Happy Birthday.

Jim M

Willym

Bruce,

Thanks for posting this. Can you describe how the tank support was improved? Any photos?

Thanks.

BruceL

Bill,

When I originally brought it in for repair they knew what I was talking about and said they had to put 5 more supports for the fresh water tank for the guy I had met in sedona. I have no idea what kind of supports etc as mine is getting repaired Tuesday (it took heartland over 2 weeks to get the water tank to La mesa RV). You can tell I am very new to this and I am a little worried everyone says you need to be handy as that is not my strength although I guess that is something I will need to learn.