Recipes Submission Template (form) - What is it, why use it and tips on how to use it

jbeletti

Today, we are debuting a Recipes Template (form) that you can use to submit your recipes to this Recipes Forum.

WHAT IS THE TEMPLATE?
It is an online form that you fill out to submit your recipe to the Recipes Forum.

DO I NEED TO USE THE TEMPLATE?
It is NOT mandatory that you use the template. You may continue to type up your recipes in a thread in the Recipes Forum as you have always done.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING THE TEMPLATE?

1. Consistent format which is great for printing and making a book of them
  2. Consistent format for which to follow the recipe
  3. Aids you in having all the typical recipe elements so nothing is forgotten
WHERE IS THE TEMPLATE?
Here's a link to it.

WHERE DO TEMPLATE CREATED RECIPES APPEAR?
They will appear here, in the root of the Recipes forum as a new thread.

CAN I PRINT A RECIPE?
Yes, we are working on a way to do this where you click a "Print this Post" printer looking icon to the left of the post number. Then that recipe will appear in a new browser tab and you can use your browser's print function to print it.

OTHER QUESTIONS?
I'll keep this thread open for a while so questions can be asked. As I answer them, I will update this post, then delete the question port. that way, this Q&A stays at the top of this thread, thus easier to find.

SilverRhino

I think this is a really good idea! This would make it much easier to put together a "HeartLand Cookbook".......one additional thought would be to include nutritional values. Many of the online recipe pages do include this......not sure how difficult that would be.

jbeletti

Nutritional values? No way Jose :) These recipes are yummy - not good for ya :)

Seriously though, one could crank their recipe into a real recipe program to generate all the values, then crank it into this template. Not sure who may take that kind of time to do so.

Recipe book? Yes! In fact, PA, NJ and other chapters of the Heartland Owners Club have begun to organize cookbooks. To facilitate this, we have created the "Print this Post" feature that allows a printable version of a recipe (or any forum post) to be created easily. And if the capability exists by the user, saved as a PDF file. We are still fine-tuning the look of the printed post. Especially the header.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When it comes to nutritional values, I have always wondered how do you really figure out how many of what is in a dish. Is there some sort of formula or measuring device or is it just guesswork? I would truly like to know.

netters1

Jim, having everyone post recipes and then have it made into a bound Cookbook would be great! Copies could be sold and any monies made over and above costs could be donated to a local Charity in the location of our next International Rally....

linuxkidd

JB forgot to mention one of the best reasons to use the Recipe Submission Form...

Using the form allows your recipe to be included in the Recipe List!!

The Recipe List is Linked from the Tools menu as 'HOT - Heartland Owner Treats'. It can be filtered on any of the columns by typing into the blank boxes at the top of the column.

Go play with it, have fun, and enjoy the Treats!
LK