Hwy 550 from Santa Fe to Durango

abinns

Anyone ever traveled this road? What are the chances of finding diesel along this route? Any info will be appreciated.

RoadJunkie

To use 550 you will have to first head South from Santa Fe on I25 to Bernalillo. You will then pick up 550 towards Bloomfield and North from there to Durango. There are several opportunities for fuel in Bernalillo, Cuba and then Bloomfield. Should be easy sailing--fuel wise--from Bloomfield to Durango. Route 550 from Bernalillo to Bloomfield is a very nice stretch of 2-lane pavement. Have fun, hope this helps.

abinns

Thanks for the info. That's what we needed to know. We're actually staying south of Santa Fe now. You have a beautiful state.

RoadJunkie

Thank you! We love New Mexico. You are probably staying at the Santa Fe Skies RV Park. You know, I just went to take a little look at that park about 3 weeks ago as I didn't even know it existed. It appeared to have some nice views of the Sangre de Cristo (Blood of Christ) mountains.

Anyway, as I re read my post it appeared that my description of 550 from Bernilillo to Bloomfield was 2-lane and it is really 4 lane. I think it's one of the best--non interstate--roads in the state. So enjoy and put a penny on the "Iron Horse" tracks for me when you get to Durango.