Black Tank sensors

BruceL

I am very new to camping and currently have a north trail but we are seriously thinking of getting a Bighorn as our next trailor. (Looking at the new SillveradoHD 250).
Talking with other RV owners I have heard some of the manufactures are looking at putting the black tank sonsors on outside of black tank so tissue paper etc won't be a problem. Is this true or is the black tank sonsors simply never going to work (they have never worked correctly on our north trail and I have talked to owners of various RV's and they all say they don't work well). This is not a complaint as I am excited to have found Heartland, i am just wondering if the sensors ever work??

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
About 65% of the time. I have found after all the RV's we have owned, FLUSH...FLUSH...FLUSH and they will be more accuarate. Ya gotta get all the sewer trout out. JUST SAYING.

BruceL

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought this was questions for the factory.
Does the factory folks actually answer any of these questions?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The factory does monitor the forum, but it may take several days for them to reply. You will get a much quicker reply from the other members of the forum.

K

karykatz

We are not looking at an outside option for the black tank sensors. As Bob and Patty posted, it is very important to keep your black tanks clean. Thanks for your input.

robnmo

About 65% of the time. I have found after all the RV's we have owned, FLUSH...FLUSH...FLUSH and they will be more accuarate. Ya gotta get all the sewer trout out. JUST SAYING.

:D I wondered why trout always tasted different than other fish! ;);)