Wiring for Electric Rear Jacks

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I passed along a comment regarding the way the power wire is routed externally from the rear jack control panel to the actuator motor as being asthetically amateurish and of the danger of the hanging wire catching on something. Now after two the first two trips in our 3670RL, the wire has pulled about a foot more out of the rear panel below the switch just from airflow. Nothing caught on it. It looks as if some of the connections may have come loose also; have not checked that yet nor whether the rear jacks still function. I did not want to cause further problems if the wires are loose. Will try to check inside the panel tomorrow. Has anyone already corrected the factory installation to spiffy this up?

Attachments

• bighorn 027.jpg
    bighorn 027.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 39

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Where the wire goes inside the j-wrap through the grommet, there should be a tie strap around the wire to keep it from pulling out too far.
My old rig wire was like yours so I just took a tie strap and strapped the excess to the motor.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My new one looks just like the old one and like yours, only less wire hanging out. I would get some of those plastic wire holders like the one I see in your pic, and secure it to the J-wrap. Should be fine.

Peace
Dave