Stuff to see in central Washington state

branson4020

Icantre Member
Later this month I'm going to be heading north from Walla Walla, Wa to Grand Coulee Dam. Gonna stay in the dam campground, take the dam tour, see the dam lightshow, explore the dam town. I'll be making my way back to Portland from there. Any suggestions for other sights to see or interesting diversions?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Well, you could head over 174 to Bridgeport and the Chief Joseph Dam if you are not dam tired. Then work your way down to Chelan (nice park at Beebe Bridge! Not sure how far out of your way you are willing to travel but Leavenworth is not that far west of Wenatchee/Cashmere (Bavarian tourist town). Continue on in to Wenatchee (Confluence Park is OK) via Rocky Reach Dam and Quincy catching I90 to Ginko Petrified Forest State Park near Vantage. You will go by the Gorge Amphitheater...not sure what's going on there!

Happy Trails!

2010augusta

Winthrop is another town to check out. It is modeled to be an old west town and has lots of neat shops.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
On the way to Winthrop you will pass our favorite WA rv park "Riverbend" in Twisp. We spend several days relaxing in the Methow river on our River Rat tubes every summer. Gas and groceries will be cheaper in Twisp (Hank's Market) On Saturday there is a "Farmers Market in Twisp and the vendors move to the Barn in Winthrop on Sunday. Not sure if they are still doing that this month though! While in Winthrop you might as well check out Lake Pearrygin State Park or Silverline private park for future travels.

Be very careful driving as there are many, many deer crossing the highway in this area. Just a few weeks ago we counted 30+ in an 8 mile stretch!

Have a great trip!