PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NC, Rutherfordton - 4/15/2011 to 4/17/2011

Phil Smith
09-07-2010, 07:09 AM
335 Lazy Creek Dr., Rutherfordton, 46 28139
Venue:
------------------------------

4 Paws Kingdom
335 Lazy Creek Dr.
Rutherfordton, 46 28139
Meik & Birgit Bartoschek 828-287-7324
www.4pawskingdom.com (http://www.4pawskingdom.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee:
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:

Number of sites held: 20
Site fee: $$35-$40 per night.
$20 per rig surcharge for Non-Heartland Owners Club members-Fee to be paid in advance to Terry Deal . Fee will be refunded if a HOC membership is purchased prior to or during the event.
Fee Remittance address:
Terry Deal
PO Box 503
Taylorsville, NC 28681
The $20 fee is to recover rally costs that are not reimbursed by Heartland
Club Member Event fee: Per Person
Potluck: 1
Potluck date: 4/16/11
Potluck time: 6:00pm

Event Leaders: Phil Smith(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=25)
Terry Deal: trdeal

Additional Info:
Heartland Carolina's Spring Rally (NC, SC combined)

4 Paws Kingdom is designed as a Dog Friendly campground with fenced "Off Leash" areas for both large and small dogs. The owers of this campground are artists that used to travel around the US with their pets and designed a campground around what they thought would make a great pet friendly campground. Meik has been a professional chef and depending on interest level and number of attendees may cook ($$) a meal for us instead of the pot luck. Birgit is an artist and professional dog trainer. THIS FACILITY IS AN ADULT ONLY CAMPGROUND AND CHILDREN UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE ARE NOT PERMITTED. This practice was put into place because it is dog friendly campground.

We appologize for the exclusion of children at this venue but insurance regulations at the campground will not allow exceptions.

Terry Deal has made arrangements for a special guest. Sonny Disnuke of Rieco-Titan Company will be at the rally demonstrating two new products. The first is the Rieco-Titan Ground Control Leveling System and the second is the Correct Track Axle Alignment System. Special rally pricing will also be available. Make sure you make plans to take advantage of these special offers!

Your Wagonmasters for this event are:

Terry & Rene Deal - NC Chapter Leaders

Phil & Becky Smith - SC Chapter LeadersEvents Schedule

Event Shirts

We will be ordering Gray Unisex Sweatshirts for this rally . Mens and Womens sweatshirts were cost prohibitive.
The cost is 14.00 for S,M,L,XL ,XXL 16.50, XXXL 17.50. The shirts are 50/50 . If you would like a shirt please send Terry Deal a private message or email with the size and quanity before March 15th.
Make checks payable to Terry Deal @ PO BX 503 Taylorsville, NC 28681

Event Schedule

Early arrivals
On your own
Friday
Meik will take you to your site.
Official greeting by Terry , Renee, Phil & Becky
Check in and relax.
6:30PM – gather round the fire and enjoy Hotdogs, marshmellows and smores .
(Bring Hotdogs and Buns for your family as well as roasting sticks and beverages)
HOC will provide the fixings,marshmellows and smores
Saturday
8:30 AM Coffee and Donuts at the pavilion.
9:00AM- 10:30AM Sonny Disnuke of Rieco-Titan will be demonstrating their ground control leveling system as well as the correct track axle allignment system.
10:30AM-1:00PM Free time and lunch on your own

Optional activites
1:00PM Doggy Obedience Class with the resident trainer at the small doggie park , no experience necessary
( bring your dogs favorite treats and soft bits)
Take a trip with Terry and Renee to Chimney Rock State Park or just kick back and have some great fellowship with fellow Heartlanders. ( Park fee 12.00 per adult )

6:00PM. BBQ Dinner at the pavilion !!!! FREE to all HOC members .
(Hickory smoked Pork, Chicken, Ribs, Baked beans, Slaw, Potatosalad , Bisquits, Brownie ala mode and Tea )
Following the meal ....FourPaws BINGO and fellowship (Cards starting at $2.oo)
(Please bring cash) This activity is sponsored by the FourPaws Kingdom foundation

Sunday
9:00AM Coffee and Donuts at the pavilion
9:30AM-10AM Non denominational service at the pavilion.
Departures throughout the day.

Attendee List:
Terry and Renee Deal,(trdeal) site 13
Don and Sandy Little,(mountain1) Cannon-(Austraian Shepherd),Rio-(Old English Mastiff)and maybe 1 more site 6
Nathan and Byrd Mathis, (Nabo) BamBam-(Toy Poodle) site 23
Phil and Becky Smith,(PhilSmith) Winston,Maggie(Maltese) Riley(Yorkie) site 14
Dave and Julie Yokum,(davebennington) Roxie,Puff,Max site 21
Jim and Harriet Dahlgren (Jim & Harriet) Max (Rat Terrier) site 8
Jim and Nancy Beletti (jbeletti) Ruby and Emme (Yorkies) site 24
Ed and Barbara Rauch (Ed) Poke and Nick (wonderfully blended breeds) site 11
Jim and Pat Beeck (jpajax) AJ (The All American Dog) Drop by for a visit
Randy and Santha Allen (Randy) PC,Sammy,Baby,Sophie Site 26
Larry Buchanan and Claudia Drenan (lbuchan) Kirby (Chinese Crested) Josie (Afenpincher) Site 28
Lance and Kem Duguay (lduguay) Site 27
Erik and Hallie Grubaugh (Lazydaze) Tater (Golden Retriever) Site 9
Sonny Disnuke Site 25
Larry and Samantha Banstra Site 31

*Site numbers are subject to change as the campground tries to keep us all located together*

Jim & Harriet
09-07-2010, 10:35 AM
the 2011 calendar is filling-up fast!
we have been thinking about trying this campground (for Max...)

SouthernNights
09-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Jim closed the other thread with this one opened up.
So Phil and Terry, Sam and I will be there.

Jim & Harriet
09-07-2010, 12:24 PM
thanks - see you at Mt. Airy!

Phil Smith
09-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Larry, was there ever another option? :)

Phil Smith
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Jim an Harriet,
I hope you can make it. Max might not forgive you if he finds his other fur friends all got to to and he didn't!

davebennington
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
We will try to be there and we will bring Roxie dog.

Dave & Julie

Flying Dutchman
09-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Phil, Dorothy and I are planning to be there. We have lots of furry friends, sounds like a great campground.

trdeal
09-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Jim and Harriet, we hope you can make it to 4 Paws in the spring.It should be nice and cool in the mountains in April.
Larry and Sam, Dave and Julie,Eric and Dorothy, It will be good to see you guys there.

trdeal
09-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Larry, was there ever another option? :) Larry you know Phil needs his pit crew with him.

trdeal
09-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Pete and Deb, I just saw in the closed thread about the rally,that you guys were going to try and make it. We hope you can.Larry will need someone to keep him straight.

Phil Smith
09-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Terry, you don't know just how right you are. I just ordered the gear to repair my slide out yesterday. Was planning on getting Larry dirty putting it in!

Phil Smith
09-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Great Eric! I think you will really enjoy this place. It's NOT Willowtree. The sites are much smaller but it is in a beautiful wooded area. Can't wait to see everyone!

SouthernNights
09-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Terry, you don't know just how right you are. I just ordered the gear to repair my slide out yesterday. Was planning on getting Larry dirty putting it in!

Not sure when you are talking about Phil but I am pretty sure i will be sick or busy that day. :D

Jim & Harriet
09-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Max says "he will be there!":angel: So I guess that means
we're coming!

trdeal
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Jim and Harriet and Max, Glad you have decided to make it. If you will once you have made your reservation circle back around here and let us know what site number you have.I called this morning and our site number is 13.Each site also has a dog's name. Ours is Eddie.

Jim & Harriet
09-09-2010, 10:08 AM
We need to wait until next year's "vacation" time info is available to make our reservation but
it is definitely on our to-do list!

Randy
09-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Phil, You mentioned this camp a couple of years ago at willowtree. We will plan on being there.
The poodles would love it. Randy

SouthernNights
09-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Well, we are on site 12 again. WooHoo!!!

RALLY-HO!!!!

Phil Smith
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Randy,
The fenced dog areas are great! Santha can drop you off in the "Big Dog" park and know just where to find you when she needs you! Look forward to seeing you again.
Phil

I guess I need to get my reservations in! I think I'm going to change sites since my trailer broke last time. :)

trdeal
09-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Well, we are on site 12 again. WooHoo!!!

RALLY-HO!!!! That is great Larry.Looking forward to it.

trdeal
09-10-2010, 04:27 AM
Randy,
The fenced dog areas are great! Santha can drop you off in the "Big Dog" park and know just where to find you when she needs you! Look forward to seeing you again.
Phil

I guess I need to get my reservations in! I think I'm going to change sites since my trailer broke last time. :)Phil, are you sure it wasn't your neighbors, from the last trip there ,that made you want to change sites

Jim & Harriet
09-10-2010, 07:40 AM
hummm... Trailer broke? Site #? Need to avoid that one...

SouthernNights
09-10-2010, 12:54 PM
hummm... Trailer broke? Site #? Need to avoid that one...
Jim, it is not the sites fault...so who does that leave?...

Phil Smith
09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
OKay, I will be on site 14. Next to Terry & Rene again!

trdeal
09-14-2010, 04:12 AM
That is a really good site Phil. You will have your pit crew near by,just in case.

Phil Smith
09-15-2010, 07:46 AM
I hope to have everything repaired this weekend on the slideout. Shouldn't take long and the slide should go in an out with out the snap, crakel and pop!

trdeal
09-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I hope to have everything repaired this weekend on the slideout. Shouldn't take long and the slide should go in an out with out the snap, crakel and pop! That is great news Phil.Glad you are going to get i fixed.

Randy
09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Phil, Santha said the big dog park was a good idea to keep me under control.
What does she mean? Randy

Phil Smith
10-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Randy, When you see the "Big dog" park, you will know exactly what she means. The good news is that it is an off leash area so you might even enjoy a little extra freedom! :)

Lazydaze
10-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Eric, Tater and I will be there for sure. Tater loves making new friends and spending time with old friends....hmmm....just like his mom and dad.

trdeal
10-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Eric, Tater and I will be there for sure. Tater loves making new friends and spending time with old friends....hmmm....just like his mom and dad. That is great guys.We are looking forward to seeing you again.Tell Tator Sammy hey.

Hudson
10-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Wow, I just found & read this thread. And so, as you all know why, we won't be able to attend this rally. Oh well, we'll see you all a couple of weeks later at Cherokee though! Have fun

Jim & Harriet
10-10-2010, 05:18 PM
so - why not?

SouthernNights
10-11-2010, 04:40 AM
so - why not?

Jim, this campground doesn't allow children under 14 because of the dogs. They found in the past that the children aggravate the dogs and this is a doggie campground.

As well behaved and mature as Hudson's daughter is you wouldnt think there would be an issue, but I think it goes back to insurance.

Hudson
10-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Yep, that's it. Sadly, five or more affected rally-going families in the VA and NC/SC chapters are affected and three are dog owners. Ironically, one such family (the other 42' Cyclone) has one of the most involved dog "activists" I've ever met -- she would otherwise love the CG. But kids are in only 10-20% of rally rigs whereas at least 50% of rigs have dogs and usually it's more than 80%.

Picking a rally CG is hard. You don't get to pick just because you want to go there: it must meet the needs of the group. There will be folks who won't like it, due to distance, style, price, etc. This time an added kicker was the "adults only" rule. At least it isn't during the school year -- non-homeschool families might not have been able to come anyway -- and Cherokee is only a couple of weeks later.

Jim & Harriet
10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
guess we did not read the "small print."
i understand about the kids and dogs and there are lots of other
rallies that will meet everyone's needs.

trdeal
10-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Larry is right about the campground and their insurance. As you know the location for this rally was posted long before we went to the fall rally in Mt.Airy 2 weekends ago. After hearing some disappointment from Heartlanders with children under 14, because they could not attend with their children,we called the campground and ask if they could make an exception for us.We told them the ages of the children that could be attending, and that they were very well behaved and watched over by their parents.4 Paws Kingdom told us they were sorry but because of their insurance they could not change the rules. Please believe me this was not an effort in any way to keep families with children from attending.I am a parent myself and know full well the joys of watching your children camp. Now for all you Heartlanders with furry kids,this is a great campground with different areas for your dogs to run and play and to make new friends. There will be dog training classes for those interested and other pet related activities.I believe we will have a great time.We are looking forward to seeing you there.

ncrebel8
10-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Have fun guys. We wont be able to attend.

Hudson
10-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Larry & Terry:

I hope you didn't think my message was complaining about the choice of CG. I was disappointed at not being able to attend but not upset. In fact, I went out of my way (I thought) in my last post to make it tough for others to complain. (The stuff about people who don't come to a rally because the CG is too far, or too expensive, or there's no pool, ...) If you always excluded the same people, there'd be room to complain. You picked this CG in a year the Easter Regional was in your state so there is a kid friendly rally in NC already. But I figure this CG is one you might only choose once a decade for state rally. NC is the only chapter who has this special "dog experience" CG as a choice so go for it and see how popular it is. If people love it then a "campout" (or whatever PA called Pine Grove) can be scheduled any time.

I was not aware that you'd actually asked the CG for exceptions. I wouldn't have gone that extra mile myself even as the parent of a <14 child ... to me rules are rules. But that was extra considerate of you to try.

If it sounded like I was complaining, then that is my fault for not writing my last post as well as I'd thought. As I said, I was actually trying to defend the difficult job of picking a rally CG.

SouthernNights
10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Hudson, let me say right off that I am not involved in next years rally.
Phil Smith has taken my place for next as SC chapter leader. he has more experience at rallies than I do and I know he and Becky will do a great job at 4 Paws.
With that said, I did not take anything you said as a complaint.

I also have to tell you again how impressed I was with your daughter and the other children that were at the Mt. Airy rally. It is so nice to see kids playing and having wholesome fun and still be respectful to their parents and other adults.

trdeal
10-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Hudson, I didn't take what you said as complaining either. I thought it was well said. I want to say also that you couldn't have asked for your daughter and the other children at Mayberry to have been any better behaved.They all were very polite and respectful and a joy to be around.

trdeal
11-09-2010, 06:40 PM
As Phil said in post #1 of this thread Mr. Sonny Disnuke, of Rieco-Titan will be our special guest at the rally.He will be demonstrating the Rieco-Titan Wireless Ground Control Leveling System and the Correct Track axle alignment system.And special rally pricing will be available to all those attending.The leveling system can be seen on page 47,in Novembers issue of Trailer Life Magazine.Some of our Heartland friends have the Ground Control Leveling System installed on their units and this would be the perfect time for you to get yours.We are looking forward to seeing you there .

Nabo
11-09-2010, 07:44 PM
We have the Wireless Ground Control Leveling system and love it. I understand that many people like the LevelUp system that Lippert has but somehow knowing that each jack is 5 tons capacity, electric, can run off the battery and with all 4 jacks being a total of20 tons sure makes me feel alot better. We have had our system for almost a year now and haven't had the first problem. We got ours installed at RVS for Less in Knoxville, Tn and haven't looked back. We haven't met Sonny face to face but have had some great email conversation and impressed with his overall love for his product. Might have to come up there and meet him in person.

trdeal
11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
We have the Wireless Ground Control Leveling system and love it. I understand that many people like the LevelUp system that Lippert has but somehow knowing that each jack is 5 tons capacity, electric, can run off the battery and with all 4 jacks being a total of20 tons sure makes me feel alot better. We have had our system for almost a year now and haven't had the first problem. We got ours installed at RVS for Less in Knoxville, Tn and haven't looked back. We haven't met Sonny face to face but have had some great email conversation and impressed with his overall love for his product. Might have to come up there and meet him in person.Sounds good.Come on down!

Nabo
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Just registered for the April rally. The lady I talked to refused to give me a site number, saying that she wants to have everyone together, therefore will assign campsites to everyone nearer to the rally - hum. We are coming in on Thursday evening and leaving on Sunday.
B--

trdeal
11-29-2010, 08:26 PM
That is great Byrd. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.April will be here before we know it.

trdeal
12-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Fyi on making reservations.
This is the off season for 4 Paws Kingdom,so if you don't get an answer when you call to make a reservation,just leave your contact info and that you are with the Heartland group and they will return your call to confirm your reservation.No deposit is required at this time or a site number assigned to you.4 Paws will then call you back after the first of the year to get your deposit and assign a site. Thanks and everyone have a great weekend.

trdeal
12-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Here is a list of the rally attendees and pets to date:

Terry and Renee Deal,(trdeal) site 13
Don and Sandy Little,(mountain1) Cannon-(Austraian Shepherd),Rio-(Old English Mastiff)and maybe 1 more site 6
Nathan and Byrd Mathis, (Nabo) BamBam-(Toy Poodle) site 23
Phil and Becky Smith,(PhilSmith) Winston,Maggie(Maltese) Riley(Yorkie) site 14
Dave and Julie Yokum,(davebennington) Roxie,Puff,Max site 21
Jim and Harriet Dahlgren (Jim & Harriet) Max (Rat Terrier) site 8
Jim and Nancy Beletti (jbeletti) Ruby and Emme (Yorkies) site 24
Ed and Barbara Rauch (Ed) Poke and Nick (wonderfully blended breeds) site 11
Jim and Pat Beck (jpajax) AJ(The All American Dog) Drop by for a visit
Randy and Santha Allen (Randy) PC,Sammy,Baby,Sophie Site 26
Larry Buchanan and Claudia Drenan(lbuchan) Kirby(Chinese Crested) Josie(Afenpincher) Site 28
Lance and Kem Duguay(lduguay) Site 27
Erik and Hallie Grubaugh(Lazydaze) Tater(Golden Retriever) Site 9
Sonny Disnuke Site 25
Larry and Samantha Bandstra (SouthernNights) Site 31

Events Schedule

Early arrivals
On your own
Friday
Meik will take you to your site.
Official greeting by Terry , Renee, Phil & Becky
Check in and relax.
6:30PM – gather round the fire and enjoy Hotdogs, marshmellows and smores .
(Bring Hotdogs and Buns for your family as well as roasting sticks and beverages)
HOC will provide the fixings,marshmellows and smores
Saturday
8:30 AM Coffee and Donuts at the pavilion.
9:00AM- 10:30AM Sonny Disnuke of Rieco-Titan will be demonstrating their ground control leveling system as well as the correct track axle allignment system.
10:30AM-1:00PM Free time and lunch on your own

Optional activites
1:00PM Doggy Obedience Class with the resident trainer at the small doggie park , no experience necessary
( bring your dogs favorite treats and soft bits)
Take a trip with Terry and Renee to Chimney Rock State Park or just kick back and have some great fellowship with fellow Heartlanders. ( Park fee 12.00 per adult )

6:00PM. BBQ Dinner at the pavilion !!!! FREE to all HOC members .
(Hickory smoked Pork, Chicken, Ribs, Baked beans, Slaw, Potatosalad , Bisquits, Brownie ala mode and Tea )
Following the meal ....FourPaws BINGO and fellowship (Cards starting at $2.oo)
(Please bring cash) This activity is sponsored by the FourPaws Kingdom foundation

Sunday
9:00AM Coffee and Donuts at the pavilion
9:30AM-10AM Non denominational service at the pavilion.
Departures throughout the day.

Jim & Harriet
12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
hi folks,
at the urging of Max, we made our reservation for the April rally.
we did have to make a deposit (which is different from what had been
posted earlier.) we did not get a site #. we made the reservation
on their auto-system and just got an email reply. we will try calling
them next week. they did say it is a back-in site. does that sound
right? also we did tell them we were with the Heartland Rally.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in the Spring - stay warm 'til
then and have happy holidays!

trdeal
12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Jim,Harriet and Max,
Glad you have decided to join us.To be honest with you,I didn't know 4 Paws had an automated system.I guess maybe that is why you had to leave a deposit.Phil Smith (S.C. Chapter leader)is actually the one that spoke with 4 Paws about the type of sites they are holding for us so I can't tell you what they have set aside for us, but I will find out and let you know.Looking forward to seeing you all in the spring.

trdeal
12-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone. It has been suggested that we include the names of any pets you will be bringing with you to 4 Paws in the attendees list.If you would like for your pet to be included in the list just send me a pm with your pet's name and we will take care of it.Thanks

Jim & Harriet
12-18-2010, 03:15 PM
you can add Max to our site. he is a three year old rat terrier.

trdeal
12-18-2010, 04:31 PM
you can add Max to our site. he is a three year old rat terrier. Got it.Thanks

jbeletti
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Nancy and I are planning to arrive on 14-Apr and stay 4 nights. Sent reservation request via their website today. I'll let you know the site when I hear back. When is everyone arriving and leaving?

Jim

trdeal
12-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Jim and Nancy, Glad you have decided to join us.If you are bringing a pet with you let me know his name and I will post it with your name on the attendee list.
Renee and I will be coming in on Thursday and leaving on Sunday.I will need to call the cg and get an update on the arrival and departure dates.

jbeletti
12-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Terry,

Be great seeing you guys again and you'll finally get to meet Nancy. Some have questioned if she really exists, so I do have to get her out to prove it :)

Ruby and Emme will be joining us (Yorkies). Hope Ruby makes it that long - poor gal.

See ya in NC!

trdeal
12-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Terry,

Be great seeing you guys again and you'll finally get to meet Nancy. Some have questioned if she really exists, so I do have to get her out to prove it :)

Ruby and Emme will be joining us (Yorkies). Hope Ruby makes it that long - poor gal.

See ya in NC! Looking forward to it.It will be nice to finally meet Nancy.

Nabo
12-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Terry - BamBam will be accompaning us. He's a toy poodle.
B--

trdeal
12-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Terry - BamBam will be accompaning us. He's a toy poodle.
B-- Got you covered.

trdeal
01-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Happy New Year everyone.Just a reminder to stay tuned for a schedule of events for the upcoming NC/SC spring rally.
We will have a special guest,Mr.Sonny Disnuke of Rieco-Titan and he will be demonstrating the Rieco-Titan Wireless Ground Control Leveling System and the Correct Track Axle Alignment System.He will be offering special pricing on the leveling system and there will be a special prize given away.More details coming soon.

Nabo
01-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Can't wait!!! I'm tired of this cold weather and ready to go camping.

trdeal
01-03-2011, 09:00 PM
FYI: For an updated list of all rally attendees and their pets check out post #49 of this thread.

trdeal
01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
We added another couple to the attendee list today. That makes 10 rigs.

mountain1
01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
They did not have us make a deposit they said they would get it when they open back up. Also said they would assign our slot when they reopen.

Jim & Harriet
01-14-2011, 05:59 PM
It is strange that for almost all the campgrounds taking a deposit for a reservation is sort of at the whim of the person taking the call. Not just for this rally but for some of the others also.
I am sure it will all get "fixed" when we arrive. We will be sure to bring the deposit info.
Wish it was this weekend! Just too cold here in SW Virginia - as it is everywhere!
Stay warm ya'll... :angel:

trdeal
01-14-2011, 07:30 PM
They did not have us make a deposit they said they would get it when they open back up. Also said they would assign our slot when they reopen.This is correct.Several people made their reservations in the fall and while we were assigned a site number, we did not have to leave a deposit.We were told, the same information as you.As I understand it when 4 Paws calls for the deposit they will then assign site numbers.

Jim & Harriet
01-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, not exactly what we have experenced. Paid the first night's
deposit, but did not receive a site #. Thought we all would be getting
the site #'s when we arrived.
Hope we will be somewhere near all of you :angel:

Nabo
01-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Jim - the cg did the same for us - took a deposit and said will assign numbers closer to the rally. B--

Jim & Harriet
01-15-2011, 11:39 AM
thanks! good to know we were not the only ones ...:angel:

trdeal
01-15-2011, 09:07 PM
We talked to the folks at 4 Paws today and we were assured that the Heartland group will all be in the same area.We will be side by side or across the street from each other.They also told us that once they return home from vacation they will be assigning sites to all rally attendees. Thanks everyone.

Randy
01-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Phil & Terry, Santha and I are still trying to schedule this rally. The poodles would love it.
Should know within the next ten days. Randy

Nabo
01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh wow Randy - poodles!!! BamBam will love it. He's a black toy poodle.

jbeletti
01-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Phil & Terry, Santha and I are still trying to schedule this rally. The poodles would love it.
Should know within the next ten days. Randy

Poodles? I love poodles :)

Hope you and Santha can make it.

Jim

trdeal
01-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Should know within the next ten days. Randy Randy, Hope you and Santha can make it. We will be looking forward to seeing you.

trdeal
01-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Happy weekend everyone.Got the site numbers from 4 Paws.Check out post number 49 to see what site number you have.

Jim & Harriet
01-23-2011, 04:50 PM
may have missed the information in the postings but will we be having a "pot luck" dinner one night?
I noticed that the CG is having a BBQ on Saturday - will that be part of "our" activities? either is fine - just wondered... planning ahead makes the rally dates seem closer :angel:

trdeal
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
may have missed the information in the postings but will we be having a "pot luck" dinner one night?
I noticed that the CG is having a BBQ on Saturday - will that be part of "our" activities? either is fine - just wondered... planning ahead makes the rally dates seem closer :angel: No official pot luck for this event.. The BBQ dinner, provided on Saturday night is free to all HOC members.We will be posting the activities for the rally in a few days.We will be making a few changes to the events posted on the 4 Paws web site, but as I said we will be posting the updated events in a couple days.

Randy
01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Jim B, We know that you like the poodles and they sure return the feeling.
I am not going to tell anyone about you on the ground playing with the kids.

Nathan, Bam Bam will meet our four rescue toy's if we can make it.

Nabo
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Randy - BamBam can't wait. :)

jpajax
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Will not be bring our camper not far enough to get the diesel warm so we will do a drop in with AJ the ALL AMERICAN DOG.

trdeal
01-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Will not be bring our camper not far enough to get the diesel warm so we will do a drop in with AJ the ALL AMERICAN DOG. Sounds good Jim. We are looking forward to seeing you there.

trdeal
01-30-2011, 03:54 AM
We hope everyone is enjoying your weekend.It has been beautiful and warm here in the Carolinas.
Normally for the rallies we order a t shirt with the rally location printed on the back.Well ,we have decided that since we are going to be in the mountains and it will still be very cool in the morning and evening that we are going to offer a lightweight sweatshirt to all that would like to purchase one.It will have a Heartland Logo printed in the top left hand corner and nothing on the back.We thought it would be a nice change.These sweatshirts will be offered in both mens and ladies sizes.Pricing info will be coming soon.Thanks and everyone have a good weekend.

trdeal
01-30-2011, 04:24 AM
FYI. If you would like to see a schedule of events for the rally you can go to www.4pawskingdom.com (http://www.4pawskingdom.com). This is a schedule put together for us by Meik and Birgit.There will be some changes made to this schedule by Phil and I.We will be going to 4 Paws in a week or so to finalize the event schedule and then I will post it here.I do want to give you a heads up about one addition,to the schedule,so you can be thinking about it.Meik and Birgit are going to offer a doggie training class on Saturday afternoon.We have decided to offer a side trip to Chimney Rock Park for those who are interested,during this same time frame.Chimney Rock Park is only a few miles away and the cost will be $12.00 per adult.Stayed tuned for more info. coming soon.

Randy
01-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Terry and Phil, We are coming to the rally. I made reservations online this evening.
Arriving Thursday and departing early Sunday. Poodles can't wait. Randy & Santha

trdeal
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
That is great Randy! We will see you there.

jbeletti
02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Terry and Phil, We are coming to the rally. I made reservations online this evening.
Arriving Thursday and departing early Sunday. Poodles can't wait. Randy & Santha

Cool - the Poodles! Hey, the Poodles can meet our Yorkies :)

Jim

Randy
02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Cool - the Poodles! Hey, the Poodles can meet our Yorkies :)

Jim

The spoiled poodles can meet the spoiled yorkies. The dogs win. Randy

Nabo
02-03-2011, 11:43 AM
More poodles - more poodles!!! Yeah :)

Randy
02-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Jim and Nathan, The dogs are spoiled and they are aware of it. Don't let them communicate
with each other or we are toast. Randy

trdeal
02-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone! for a schedule of events check out post number 49!

We will be ordering Gray Unisex Sweatshirts for this rally . Mens and Womens sweatshirts were cost prohibitive.
The cost is 14.00 for S,M,L,XL ,XXL 16.50, XXXL 17.50. The shirts are 50/50 . If you would like a shirt please send Terry Deal a private message or email with the size and quanity before March 15th.
Make checks payable to Terry Deal @ PO BX 503 Taylorsville, NC 28681

clubmgr
02-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Terry, Renee, Phil and Becky:

Great idea to have sweatshirts for the rally! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

trdeal
02-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Terry, Renee, Phil and Becky:

Great idea to have sweatshirts for the rally! Looking forward to seeing everyone.Thanks Julie! We thought it would be a nice change.

Randy
02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Terry & Phil, We got in touch with Meik today. We are in site 26 arriving the 14th and leaving early on the 17th.
I agree with Julie about the sweatshirts. Good idea. Will get a check headed your way. Randy

trdeal
02-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Terry & Phil, We got in touch with Meik today. We are in site 26 arriving the 14th and leaving early on the 17th.
I agree with Julie about the sweatshirts. Good idea. Will get a check headed your way. Randy Glad you got it all squared away Randy. Also glad you like the sweatshirt idea.What size sweatshirts do you guys need us to order for you?

trdeal
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Wow,Spring time can't be far away. We had a 60 degree day here in NC today and maybe 70 degrees by Friday.
Just a reminder,4 Paws has set aside 20 sites for our rally.We now have 11 rigs signed up to attend.Also if you would like to order a sweat shirt please send us an email or a pm with the quanity and size.
Also, as you know Sonny Disnuke of Rieco-Titan,will be with us to demonstrate their Ground Control leveling system and the Correct Track axle alignment system.You can read about the Correct Track System on page 51 of the March issue of Trailer Life Magazine.Great reading.

Randy
02-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Terry, I have to agree about the weather. I hope coldman winter has lost grip.
It is in the upper 60's here. Santha said a meduim for her and a large for me.
Check will be in the mail this weekend. Can't Wait. Randy

trdeal
02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Terry, I have to agree about the weather. I hope coldman winter has lost grip.
It is in the upper 60's here. Santha said a meduim for her and a large for me.
Check will be in the mail this weekend. Can't Wait. Randy Thanks for the sizes Randy. We will take care of it.

trdeal
02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
We have had another couple sign up for the rally.That makes 12 campers and 1 couple to just stop by for a visit.April 15th is coming quickly!

Jim & Harriet
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
what a great way to spend "IRS Payday" weekend! :-)

Randy
02-25-2011, 10:46 PM
what a great way to spend "IRS Payday" weekend! :-)

Somebody just had to spoil the whole weekend. Thank you Jim. Randy

Jim & Harriet
02-26-2011, 09:15 AM
well you see it's like this Randy - we thought it was a great way to forget all
about those "guys!" and the dogs will have a wonderful time too!

trdeal
02-27-2011, 07:10 AM
The beautiful weather we have had this weekend got the best of me and I had to do something to get us closer to our first camping trip this season. Not really sure the freezing weather is behind us here yet,so I didn't want to drain the antifreeze out of my lines.Instead of doing that, I put my hitch back in the truck and took off the regular tailgate and put the V tailgate back on.Look out 4 Paws here we come.We should have a great time and learn alot from Sonny Disnuke about the "Correct Track Axle alignment system" and the "Ground Control System".We will also have some new Heartlanders with us.Can't wait.

SouthernNights
02-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Same here Terry. cant wait although being a little further south we never stopped camping. it did get a bit chilly though.

See you guys there.

trdeal
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone!
We have another couple to add to our growing list of rally attendees.That makes 13 rigs and one couple dropping by for a visit.!That is great and there is still room for you.

trdeal
03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
One more thing.The deadline for ordering sweatshirts is March 15.If you would like a sweatshirt please get your order in today.Also if you have ordered a sweatshirt and have not paid please mail your check to:
Terry Deal
PO Box 503
Taylorsville,NC 28681
Thanks!

Randy
03-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Terry & Phil, Only about 5 weeks away. The poodles have been marking
the days off on the calender. As I post this there are two of them watching
me to make sure it is done right. Randy

jbeletti
03-09-2011, 10:08 PM
me to make sure it is done right. Randy

Randy,

They're gonna have to rename the place 16 Paws when you guys pull in :)

I'm sure my Yorkies will be happy to meet the Poodles. See you there!

Jim

trdeal
03-10-2011, 05:14 AM
me to make sure it is done right. Randy Randy, Rally time is quickly coming.Like the long tailed cat said when he got his tail caught in the fan,"It won't be long now!"

lduguay
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Randy, Rally time is quickly coming.Like the long tailed cat said when he got his tail caught in the fan,"It won't be long now!"

OUCH!!! Doesn't this forum have audio capabilities??.....that one needed a rim shot....."ba-dum-tssshhh" :cool:

Wait, think I got it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI&feature=related

trdeal
03-10-2011, 04:38 PM
OUCH!!! Doesn't this forum have audio capabilities??.....that one needed a rim shot....."ba-dum-tssshhh" :cool:

Wait, think I got it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI&feature=related Thanks Lance!Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Randy
03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Randy,

They're gonna have to rename the place 16 Paws when you guys pull in :)

I'm sure my Yorkies will be happy to meet the Poodles. See you there!

Jim

Jim, The Yorkie girls will want their paws also counted also. This could end up as
100 paws before it is over. Randy and the poodles.

Randy
03-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Randy, Rally time is quickly coming.Like the long tailed cat said when he got his tail caught in the fan,"It won't be long now!"

Terry, The long tailed cat should have stayed away from the fan. I thing the sound we
will here at Four Paws is "BARKING". Maybe we can get Lance to change his picture.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles. That is the way the dogs want our signature.

trdeal
03-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Terry, The long tailed cat should have stayed away from the fan. I thing the sound we
will here at Four Paws is "BARKING". Maybe we can get Lance to change his picture.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles. That is the way the dogs want our signature.

Randy there is one more "long tail cat saying" that we have here in N.C,"I am as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs".

Randy
03-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Terry, The long tailed cat should not only stay away from fans but also
the rocking chairs. It will keep the tails in good shape. If We start counting
paws we have a major number of paws. Dave & Julie will add another 12.
Four canine and eight feline paws. The animals will be in the majority.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles.
P.S. Can't Wait

trdeal
03-12-2011, 05:59 AM
We put in our order this morning for warm,sunny weather for our rally weekend.But even if it rains we will still have a great time.There are plenty of good sites still available.We are going to have a great time with some great people and their great pets.

trdeal
03-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Just a reminder to everyone.Don't forget tomorrow March 15th is the deadline for ordering sweatshirts for the rally.If you are interested in ordering please let me know asap. Thanks

trdeal
03-20-2011, 06:30 PM
WOW! We had a beautiful warm weekend here in NC this weekend.This is the kind of weekend we ordered for our rally weekend.Less than a month away and there are still good sites available.Give 4 Paws a call today to make your reservation.
Also,Renee needs 3 volunteers to make a crockpot dessert for Friday night.If you are willing to do this please let us know.Thanks

Randy
03-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Santha, Wants to know what a crockpot dessert is. We are a little slow being from
georgia but once we are in the loop we can help. Tell Renee we will help in any way
can. Can't wait for the rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal
03-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Santha, Wants to know what a crockpot dessert is. We are a little slow being from
georgia but once we are in the loop we can help. Tell Renee we will help in any way
can. Can't wait for the rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles Randy, Renee says a crockpot dessert is just as it sounds.A dessert made in a crockpot and eaten out of a crockpot. If Santha would like to talk to Renee,let me know and I will pm her cell number to you.Thanks for your help.

Lazydaze
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Hallie, Tater and I will be there. Looking forward to the rally. Looking forward to Tater burning up some energy!

trdeal
03-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Hallie, Tater and I will be there. Looking forward to the rally. Looking forward to Tater burning up some energy! That is great news!Glad you can join us.We know you will have a great time.Looking forward to seeing you there.I do have some bad news for Tater.Sammy is no longer with us.He was hit by a truck back in January.He was a really good dog and we miss him.On a brighter note we will see you in a few weeks.

trdeal
03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone.Hope all are having a great weekend.Just wanted to pass some info along to you.Birgit from 4 Paws emailed me today with a couple of site number changes.She explained that since we have had a couple of cancellations ,in order to keep us all together without any empty spots between,she made a couple changes.You can find the changes on page 5 of this thread and soon on page 1 of this thread.
Also for any of you that are interested in making a crockpot dessert for Friday night,Renee has found a website that might help you.The website is www.allcrockpotrecipes.com/desserts (http://www.allcrockpotrecipes.com/desserts).

trdeal
03-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi guys,
we are trying to decide what items to give in the welcome bag at 4 Paws.One item we are looking at is an HOC lanyard for our name tags.We know that some of you may already have them.Our question is, how many of you attending the rally already have these lanyards? Thanks for your help.

davebennington
03-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Terry,

Julie and I both have lanyards

Dave

Randy
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Terry, Santha and I have lanyards. Santha said to thank Renee for the link. Randy, Santha and the poodles

trdeal
04-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Hot dogs,and marshmellows roasted over a campfire.Doughboys,smores,crockpot desserts and other great treats.Funny stories told on ourselves and others.A great demonstration by Sonny Disnuke of Rieco Titan(Ground Control Leveling System and the Correct Track).Doggie training,a trip to Chimney Rock.BBQ,Bingo,doorprizes.Good friends,great food.What a great weekend!If you have not made your reservation there are still sites available.Come join us at 4 Paws Kingdom.

Randy
04-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Terry, Santha told me to start looking for our hot dog sticks. They are here
some where. I had better find them. Randy, Santha and & Poodles

Nabo
04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Terry - Nathan & I both have lanyards.

trdeal
04-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Terry, Santha told me to start looking for our hot dog sticks. They are here
some where. I had better find them. Randy, Santha and & Poodles Randy if you can't find those hot dog sticks,don't worry.We have a couple of extra ones.Looking forward to it.

I will keep everyone posted on the weather conditions and temperatures as the time gets closer.

clubmgr
04-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi, can't wait to see y'all at 4 paws. If you haven't got all three crockpot desserts. I'll bring one. I've never tried it before so you can be my guinea pigs . . . let me know.

trdeal
04-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi, can't wait to see y'all at 4 paws. If you haven't got all three crockpot desserts. I'll bring one. I've never tried it before so you can be my guinea pigs . . . let me know. Julie,Renee says that would be great.Thanks

Randy
04-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Terry Santha is going to make a crockpot dessert also. I am the test person.
It is a hard job. Randy

trdeal
04-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Terry Santha is going to make a crockpot dessert also. I am the test person.
It is a hard job. Randy Randy,I hink the key word here is Dessert!I never met a dessert I didn't like.Let us know what you think about Santha's creation.

trdeal
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Wow!April 15th is quickly approaching and this year April 15th means a great weekend with great friends at 4 Paws Kingdom.Good sites still available so make your reservation today.We are looking forward to seeing you there.

Randy
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Terry & PHIL, It looks like Santha and I will arrive on Wednesday so we can welcome all of the early arrivals.
I am guessing that would be us. Santha has tried 3 crockpot cakes and is not satisfied with the results.
I have ate the failures but She rules the kitchen Santha said that She would like to make a cheesecake
for Friday. Randy, Santha & the poodles .

trdeal
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Terry & PHIL, It looks like Santha and I will arrive on Wednesday so we can welcome all of the early arrivals.
I am guessing that would be us. Santha has tried 3 crockpot cakes and is not satisfied with the results.
I have ate the failures but She rules the kitchen Santha said that She would like to make a cheesecake
for Friday. Randy, Santha & the poodles . Randy,Tell Santha thank you and that a cheesecake will be fine.See you in a few days.

trdeal
04-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Heads up rally attendees.Brigit and Meik from 4 Paws Kingdom,suggests when you are planning your trip ,do not follow Map Quest,gps,etc.These methods could have you on roads that are not big rig friendly. www.4pawskingdom.com (http://www.4pawskingdom.com) has directions listed that are big rig friendly.One more suggestion from personal experience.Pay close attention to your directions.Some of the turns along the way from one highway to the other will sneak up on you.Also watch closly as you enter the campground.Some of the turns are tight and you will need to swing wide.Everyone be careful and bring your best campfire story on yourself or someone else.LOL I will give you an update on weather conditions as the week goes along.Looking forward to it!

MICKEY
04-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Terry and Renee;
Sounds like you guys are really going to have a great time. We wish we could be there but this week started a new busy season for or business where we got 650 grasscuts due in 5 days. Sort of had to be there for the start.

I'm sorry you guys can't make it to Cherokee, we will miss your smiling faces. We will see you down the line.

lduguay
04-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Terry,

Kem is gonna bring her family famous Gooey Cake for an extra dessert. Goooooooood stuff!!! See yall Friday!!!

Lance

Randy
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Terry & Phil, It looks like the weather should be good.
It has been in the 80,S here. Randy

trdeal
04-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Randy.I live about 1 1/2 hours from the cg.I haven't heard the weather today but I will listen to the forcast tomorrow and let everyone know.My guess would be the sweatshirts will feel good in the early morning and late at night.It was really nice here today also.Looking forward to seeing you in a couple days.

Randy
04-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Santha has gone through the poodles wardrobe closet and packed up all of the shirts & coats that were the wrong
size or not needed. She is bringing them to give away to under clothed or neglected dogs in the rally.
Randy, Santha & the Poodles

trdeal
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
It won't be long now.

Nabo
04-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Haven't had this problem before but I'm trying to print Post #1 by using the print button at the top right of the post and it keeps going to Jim Beletti's post of when he's coming in. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my computer?

Jim & Harriet
04-12-2011, 07:50 AM
looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. just checked and the weather channel prediction
has improved :-)
see ya'll soon!

dbylinski
04-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Haven't had this problem before but I'm trying to print Post #1 by using the print button at the top right of the post and it keeps going to Jim Beletti's post of when he's coming in. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my computer?

I haven't had that problem myself but you can try to copy the post and then paste it into a word doc. You could then print that.

trdeal
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Haven't had this problem before but I'm trying to print Post #1 by using the print button at the top right of the post and it keeps going to Jim Beletti's post of when he's coming in. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my computer? I have had that to happen myself when I click on the print symbol.Try to right click on the post number,which is right beside the print symbol.Then click on print target in the drop down menu.Hope this helps.Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple days.

trdeal
04-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone when we get to 4 Paws.Looking at the weather for the weekend and looks like it is going to be a great weekend.
Thursday- sunshine-high 73
low 48
Friday- sunshine- high 72
low 51
Saturday chance of thunderstorms in afternoon
high 71
low 47
Sunday sunshine high 71
low 45

Everyone drive safe and we will see you there!

Randy
04-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Terry, the weather is going to accommodate us. See you and Renee tomorrow. Randy, Santha and the poodles

jbeletti
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Byrd,

Sorry about the print problem. We are looking into it. For now, I'd do as Deb suggest with copy/paste into Word etc.

Jim

Nabo
04-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I copied the page into Word and printed it from there. Funny that it happened this time. I do like the ability to print just one post and was confused when this happen. Hopefully they will find a fix.

jbeletti
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Byrd,

linuxkidd, the forum technical moderator fixed this. Glad you got it to work none-the-less. See you soon.

Jim

Jim & Harriet
04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Just wanted to check - no "grill" for cooking our hot dogs?
If not I guess we need to find some sticks... we have lots to choose from :-)

trdeal
04-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Just wanted to check - no "grill" for cooking our hot dogs?
If not I guess we need to find some sticks... we have lots to choose from :-) Jim,no grill required.Hot dogs roasted over an open campfire!Bring enough hot dogs and buns for you and Harriet and your own hot dog/marshmellow roasting stick.We will supply all the fixin's and we have extra roasting sticks if you need one.See you there!

dbylinski
04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
The New Jersey Chapter wishes you the best on your 4 Paws rally. Enjoy and have fun! :cool::cool: Wish we were able to be there.

Nabo
04-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Hum - clothes packed, bed made, refrig on and stocked - sounds like CAMPING TIME!!! See ya'll in 24 hours.

Debbie - we'll miss ya'll but will see ya soon at a future rally.

SouthernNights
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Hum - clothes packed, bed made, refrig on and stocked - sounds like CAMPING TIME!!! See ya'll in 24 hours.

Debbie - we'll miss ya'll but will see ya soon at a future rally.

We will be right behind you. Should be there around 3.

trdeal
04-13-2011, 08:58 PM
The New Jersey Chapter wishes you the best on your 4 Paws rally. Enjoy and have fun! :cool::cool: Wish we were able to be there. Deb and the New Jersey Chapter.Thanks for the well wishes.We will miss y'all but hopefully we will see you soon.I think we are going to have a great weekend.

Nabo
04-15-2011, 04:55 PM
yea - we're here and the dogs are having a great time. Very nice campground. It's almost supper time so got to get the hotdogs ready and head down to chow down.

trdeal
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Well first night of the rally is over and what a great time we had.Weather man was calling for rain so we moved the weenie roast indoors to the pavillion.Got out our grills and roasted our hot dogs.Had some great desserts and Sonny had us a Heartland cake made.What a great group of friends we have.We got to meet some friends with whom we had heard from through the forum and over email.And we got to see some friends we had not seen in a while.We heard some great stories told on ourselves and on others and found out excatly how long a Heartland Edge is(right Ed).Our special thanks to Lance and Kem in being good sports and letting us score their backing abilities.I believe we have all had a good time so far this weekend and we are looking forward to tomorrow.Thanks to everyone who decided to give up a weekend at home and join us here at 4 Paws.

Randy
04-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Terry, It was a good evening. Hot dogs are not very special themselves but they sure taste
good when eaten with good friends. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

SouthernNights
04-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Up until tonight I did not know That HL made a 21" trailer. :D
I bet that thing is hard to back up!

What a great bunch of people here. Really enjoyed all the stories told around the "campfire"-and the facilities here are perfect for this rally.
Good job Terry and Phil.

davebennington
04-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Saturday night ended a great rally, the food was good and with special bingo games put on by the 4Paws hosts made for an entertaining evening.

Now for the parting shots we have two shots that really stand out. The first one of course is the Heartland group shot and the other is of our own Larry and Sam Bandstra celebrating 8 years of wedded bliss, I have a few others that can go on the rally picture gallery.

A big thanks to Terry & Renee and Phil & Becky for putting on this rally.

Dave

MrsSouthernNights
04-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Another great rally! We enjoyed the surprise of being sung to "Love and Marriage" by one of the campground owners Meik!
Wonderful food, lots of laughs with old and new friends!
Dutchess wants to thank Randy and Santha for the new coats!
Thank you for a great rally Terry & Renee, Phil & Becky! We will see most of you guys at Cherokee!

Nabo
04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Home safely after a fun rally. How much laughter can there be - Friday nights tales were great. Happy Anniversary to SouthernNights & MrsSouthernNight. Terry & Renee and Phil & Becky did a great job. Can't wait for the Eastern Rally in Cherokee.

lduguay
04-17-2011, 06:24 PM
OUR FIRST RALLY, what a BLAST!! Kem and I did not imagine that we would have soooo much fun.....even with the backin-up judges!!! Thank you for making us feel like family so quickly!! I wish we were able to see y'all in Cherokee:(

Oh Ed, forgot to ask...what kinda milage do you get with that 31 incher??? :rolleyes:

trdeal
04-17-2011, 06:40 PM
It really was a great rally.Renee and I would like to thank each one of you for attending.You are all very special people who we consider as family and we wish the best to you.I talked to Sonny this afternoon and he was about 100 miles from home.He ask me to tell you what a great time he had and what a great group of folks you all are.Hope those of you who aren't home yet have a safe trip and we are looking forward to seeing you all again real soon.If we can ever be of any help to you please let us know.Thanks again. Terry and Renee

Randy
04-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Terry & PHIL Santha and I and the Poodles had a great time. The food was very good. Santha and the poodles said that
they would return again. The poodles enjoyed meeting new friends. Thank you. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

Jim & Harriet
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
hi all,
drive home went well, no problems on I-77 like we had on the ride to the
rally.
just wanted to thank everyone for making it another fun weekend. and
Max wanted to tell all his 4Paws friends that he had a great time meeting
and running with all of them and hopes to see everyone again soon!
take care,
be safe on the road.
J, H and Max

Phil Smith
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Becky and I had a great time as well. I really appreciate everyone who attended and made it such a great weekend. Thanks to Terry and Rene for all the hard work. Randy and Santha, Riley was so upset this morning when the poodles left him in the little dog arena. I think it was "puppy love." He is still not to keen on wearing shirts but... It was great to see every one and for those making it their first rally, I hope to see you again soon and for those seasoned rally goers, we'll be seeing you soon. Phil & Becky

jbeletti
04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Nancy and I too had a great time at the rally. Thank you Terry/Renee, Phil/Becky and all those who helped put this all together.

We're looking forward to seeing a few of the same couples in a couple of weeks at the Regional Rally in Cherokee, NC and about two thirds of the couples at the North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, IN in June.

Tonight, the rally hold-outs had a potluck over at Larry and Sam Bandstra's site. They made their now famous mushroom gravy over hamburgers with Swiss cheese. Yumo! Then we hosted a campfire later this evening.

I heard Terry had a blow-out on the way home - so that was sad to hear. Time to change out those original tires Terry :)

Thanks again everyone - simply a great time at a great campground this weekend.

Jim (and Nancy, Ruby and Emme)

jbeletti
04-17-2011, 10:34 PM
OUR FIRST RALLY, what a BLAST!! Kem and I did not imagine that we would have soooo much fun.....even with the backin-up judges!!! Thank you for making us feel like family so quickly!! I wish we were able to see y'all in Cherokee:(

Oh Ed, forgot to ask...what kinda milage do you get with that 31 incher??? :rolleyes:

Great meeting you guys too Lance! Sorry we won't see you in Cherokee. Hope to see you again somewhere this year. Thank you also for the service this morning - it was great.

Jim

jbeletti
04-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Another great rally! We enjoyed the surprise of being sung to "Love and Marriage" by one of the campground owners Meik!

And I have the video to prove it :)

MICKEY
04-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Terry and Renee, Phil and Becky, sounds like you knocked another one out of the park for the Heartland family.
We are glad to hear you guys had such a great time, we're sorry we missed this one. We were praying for you guys when we heard about the weather "back home". We hope everyone arrives home safe with with no damage. We have lived through 3 tornatos and know the power.

SouthernNights
04-18-2011, 06:31 PM
One of my favorite seminars was the one on remodeling hosted by Dave Y.

Can't wait till the next rally when we find out how to put the slide back in.

trdeal
04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
One of my favorite seminars was the one on remodeling hosted by Dave Y.

Can't wait till the next rally when we find out how to put the slide back in. I guess we should have scored Dave on his remodeling job.We already had the score cards with us. Whose rig was that anyway?Oh wait I remember!

lduguay
04-18-2011, 09:57 PM
HA!! That was not slide work!......that was Dave doing the pre-installation work for my new Direct Track that Larry is holding for me!:rolleyes:

Randy
04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
HA!! That was not slide work!......that was Dave doing the pre-installation work for my new Direct Track that Larry is holding for me!:rolleyes:

Lance, Larry is going to sell it to me for fifty dollars, I think. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

SouthernNights
04-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Lance, Larry is going to sell it to me for fifty dollars, I think. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

Well, I was going to give it to you Randy, but fifty bucks is good too. :D

Randy
04-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, I was going to give it to you Randy, but fifty bucks is good too. :D

Larry, You might get the price higher since Dave is going to do the install for Lance.

trdeal
04-21-2011, 08:11 PM
I forgot to mention.Sunday as I was leaving 4 Paws,4 or 5 deer crossed the road in front of me.Very nice and peaceful.

Randy
04-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Terry, In our excursions around the area we saw numerous deer and also turkey's.
A great place for wildlife. Randy, Santha & the Poodles