BH 3800 RD - 2011 GFCI Electrical Issue - Help Please

gomcalli

Hello,

I have a huge problem!!! My TV won't work, and now you see how important this is!!!

My wife plugged in a space heater on the island plug in and it tripped. This is not normal since we have used it in other receptacles without issue. However this circuit has the TV apart of it and I can't find the reset.

My understanding is the island receptacle is to be Ground Faulted due to close proximity to water from the sink, but there is no reset on the front cover(???). OK fine, so there must be a reset in the breaker panel. Flipped every one of them, nope wasn't it. Checked the fuses well not that since the red light isn't on and the ones described on the index are OK.

I am baffled and I need the confirmation that this receptacle is GFCI and where the reset is. Is there another breaker panel in this unit? Can anyone help please??? Jeopardy is going to start soon!!!

G

righttime

Go into your bathroom and reset the GCFI there. I did the same thing and the plugs on the island the plug in the basement and the outside plug did not work. After I reset the GCFI plug in the bathroom they worked again. Although my battery still does not charge.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
In our BH 3670 the reset/test button is located in the bath room. All of the outlets in the GFI circuit are reset through this outlet. Good luck, Dave

gomcalli

Hooray for all you HL owners.

It was the bathroom!!! :cool:

I only missed 15 minutes of Jeopardy so all is well!!!

Take Care

G

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
On my last 5'er, there was a GFCI in bathroom that controlled other outlets on circuit. Might check for that.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Since this has been resolved a few times,:D, I'll move this thread into BH Electrical. Thanks everyone!!